Four Winds

  • cgy606

    Four Winds

    Any news on the game at Four Winds, Especially the new one that opened in Hartford a month or so ago? Is the casino busy and if so at what days and times? How does it compare to FK?

  • moo321

     

    It’s nothing special. H17, average pen, if I recall correctly. Also, I’ve heard rumors that they denied winnings to an AP.

  • 21gunsalute

     

    Quote: moo321 said:
    It’s nothing special. H17, average pen, if I recall correctly. Also, I’ve heard rumors that they denied winnings to an AP.

    Was that at New Buffalo or Hartford?

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    Was that at New Buffalo or Hartford?

    Has Hartford even seen a real AP to withhold winnings from yet?

  • cgy606

     

    Has anyone been to Hartford? Please PM on the conditions.

  • 21gunsalute

     

    Four Winds-New Buffalo now has a table of 6/5 single deck. The funny thing is the sign at the table doesn’t say “Single Deck”, it simply says “6/5 Blackjack”! The table was full when I ventured past.

  • SWFL Blackjack

     

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    Four Winds-New Buffalo now has a table of 6/5 single deck. The funny thing is the sign at the table doesn’t say “Single Deck”, it simply says “6/5 Blackjack”! The table was full when I ventured past.

    Ha ha. I saw that a couple months ago. Very funny how they have a large sign that says “6/5 Blackjack” as if that is something to brag about. I’m surprised the shoe games don’t have large signs saying “Dealer Hits soft 17 Blackjack”

  • 21gunsalute

     

    Quote: SWFL Blackjack said:
    Ha ha. I saw that a couple months ago. Very funny how they have a large sign that says “6/5 Blackjack” as if that is something to brag about. I’m surprised the shoe games don’t have large signs saying “Dealer Hits soft 17 Blackjack”

    Or “8-deckers with bad rules”!

  • cgy606

     

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    Four Winds-New Buffalo now has a table of 6/5 single deck. The funny thing is the sign at the table doesn’t say “Single Deck”, it simply says “6/5 Blackjack”! The table was full when I ventured past.

    Was is pitch like SE or Shoe like the DD at FK?
    How deep was the cut (If they are using a cut card)?
    Otherwise, if they were not using a cut, did they have 5 spots or 6 at the table?
    I have never been to this place, how sweaty are they?
    Please send me a PM.

  • 21gunsalute

     

    Quote: cgy606 said:
    Was is pitch like SE or Shoe like the DD at FK?
    How deep was the cut (If they are using a cut card)?
    Otherwise, if they were not using a cut, did they have 5 spots or 6 at the table?
    I have never been to this place, how sweaty are they?
    Please send me a PM.

    It was a pitch game. I can’t give you any other information as I quickly walked by and moved on, chuckling to myself. I’m not going to waste my time eyeballing a ridiculous game with an ungodly house edge.

  • cgy606

     

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    It was a pitch game. I can’t give you any other information as I quickly walked by and moved on, chuckling to myself. I’m not going to waste my time eyeballing a ridiculous game with an ungodly house edge.

    What about their shoe games? Is the cut any good? How is heat there?

  • DBJT

     

    Quote: SWFL Blackjack said:
    … as if that is something to brag about. I’m surprised the shoe games don’t have large signs saying “Dealer Hits soft 17 Blackjack”

    Back when this 6:5 crap first got started, Bally’s on the Vegas strip actually had the nerve to trumpet it on their big marquee sign:

    Amazing, the audacity. “Whopping”. WTF, LOL

    Actually they could probably do that again today and most people still wouldn’t get it

  • creeping panther

    4-Winds

    No comparison, in any way. SD-6.5 that is.

    A laugh fest of a game.

    As to the other question, I say playable.

    CP

  • cucuso4

    I always watch a few hands…

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    No comparison, in any way. SD-6.5 that is.

    A laugh fest of a game.

    As to the other question, I say playable.

    CP

    6:5 can be beat with certain dealers.

  • creeping panther

    6.5

    Quote: cucuso4 said:
    6:5 can be beat with certain dealers.

    I agree,,,BUT, not if you post the, where, when, why and how, on a public forum for all casinos to read!! (Like some others feel it is cool to do).

    CP

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    Since we are discussing 4 Winds it should be mentioned that this is the casino that stole player’s money. When the players sued to get it back the Kangaroo Tribal court ruled they were cheating.

    The attorney (Bob Loeb) will be on the show Dec 8th to talk about this case.

  • creeping panther

    Richard

    Quote: Richard Munchkin said:
    Since we are discussing 4 Winds it should be mentioned that this is the casino that stole player’s money. When the players sued to get it back the Kangaroo Tribal court ruled they were cheating.

    The attorney (Bob Loeb) will be on the show Dec 8th to talk about this case.

    Does that surprise you? Come on

    In an instance like this, and I have no details about this particular case, but I have been involved in one or two others, and your best recourse is the Feds or publicity.

    In all cases I have seen,, the AP’s had made fatal errors that opened the door to the losing of money they had won. Not that they were cheating, they were not, but other serious errors, especially serious in today political environ.

    If you play on the res. you better cover yourself damn well.

    CP

  • cucuso4

    Interesting

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    I agree,,,BUT, not if you post the, where, when, why and how, on a public forum for all casinos to read!! (Like some others feel it is cool to do).

    CP

    how times change ones view on what should and should not be posted on a public forum. Just saying…

  • SWFL Blackjack

     

    Quote: DBJT said:
    Back when this 6:5 crap first got started, Bally’s on the Vegas strip actually had the nerve to trumpet it on their big marquee sign:

    Amazing, the audacity. “Whopping”. WTF, LOL

    Actually they could probably do that again today and most people still wouldn’t get it

    I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Soon, maybe we’ll see signs advertising “A Whopping 11 to 10 on Blackjacks!”

    One of the casinos I frequent has $5 6D 6:5 CSM Blackjack, and you would be amazed how many green and black chippers are on these tables. What’s more amazing is that there are 3:2 $10min tables in the pit directly next to the $5 pit that are sometimes dead!

    While on the subject of bad Blackjack, how about these $1 blackjack tables that have been popping up in places like AC, where you have to pay a 25 cent fee before the hand is even dealt…

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: Richard Munchkin said:
    Since we are discussing 4 Winds it should be mentioned that this is the casino that stole player’s money. When the players sued to get it back the Kangaroo Tribal court ruled they were cheating.

    The attorney (Bob Loeb) will be on the show Dec 8th to talk about this case.

    Thanks for the heads-up. Bob’s a great advocate for us, and a really nice guy too.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.