Good DD games – Page 3

  • The Chaperone

     

    Quote: mjbballar23 said:
    Are you talking about TL or HIW? or both?

    Good catch. I was thinking these two weren’t quite north of the 45th parallel but they are (barely). Games I was thinking of are in the UP.

  • cedardog

    Creeping panther from Cedardog

    Hey CP,
    Yes I played on Sunday. Were you at the table as I left? What time was it?
    I didn’t win much. I don’t want to tip anyone to who I am unless I trust you.

    Were you either of the young guys playing between 3-5pm? Or were you Computer guy from India?

    CD

  • aslan

     

    Quote: cedardog said:
    Hey CP,
    Yes I played on Sunday. Were you at the table as I left? What time was it?
    I didn’t win much. I don’t want to tip anyone to who I am unless I trust you.

    Were you either of the young guys playing between 3-5pm? Or were you Computer guy from India?

    CD

    He was the tall, suave dark-haired gentleman in the Armani suit who spoke with an Oxford English accent. The Lady on his arm was the Duchess of Windsor.

  • mjbballar23

     

    Quote: The Chaperone said:
    Good catch. I was thinking these two weren’t quite north of the 45th parallel but they are (barely). Games I was thinking of are in the UP.

    oh ok. Yea i’ve played those too.

  • creeping panther

    Cedar

    Quote: cedardog said:
    Hey CP,
    Yes I played on Sunday. Were you at the table as I left? What time was it?
    I didn’t win much. I don’t want to tip anyone to who I am unless I trust you.

    Were you either of the young guys playing between 3-5pm? Or were you Computer guy from India?

    CD

    Cedar,
    Just a very friendly piece of advice, be careful what you say at the table, very careful, all you need to do is think about it some, think back.

    Keep posting so we can PM.

    CP

  • blackjackomaha

     

    This is the exact opposite of a good DD game, but I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw it.

    My local Harrah’s has been losing business for years. They recently removed all gaming from the top-level of the boat, and replaced it with another lounge. Only two small floors are left due to the competition. Well, Harrah’s thought they would hop on the DD train that has arrived with the following:

    $10 min, H17, DA2, NMSE, BJ 6:5, 45-50% pen.

    As I walked by to see why it was the only full table, a couple ploppies told me I had to wait my turn – they were in line for the next open seat first.

  • creeping panther

    dd

    Quote: blackjackomaha said:
    This is the exact opposite of a good DD game, but I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw it.

    My local Harrah’s has been losing business for years. They recently removed all gaming from the top-level of the boat, and replaced it with another lounge. Only two small floors are left due to the competition. Well, Harrah’s thought they would hop on the DD train that has arrived with the following:

    $10 min, H17, DA2, NMSE, BJ 6:5, 45-50% pen.

    As I walked by to see why it was the only full table, a couple ploppies told me I had to wait my turn – they were in line for the next open seat first.

    People should realize that this is a major insult and a sign of great disrespect.

    Me and the guys are working on a soloution to the problem.

    CP

  • blackjackomaha

     

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    People should realize that this is a major insult and a sign of great disrespect.

    Me and the guys are working on a soloution to the problem.

    CP

    All hail the master with MAD SKILLZ …. CP!

    And of course, his posse.

  • metronome

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    Ordinarily I do not adjust for inflation.

    If someone earned / won / spent X dollars a few years ago it needs
    no adjustment, but I last collected a paycheck in Jan. of 1992.

    In my case I know to the penny what my salary would have become.

    Here is a pertinent example of where inflationary adjustment is warranted:

    In the early 1970’s I learned to play backgammon at New York’s famous
    underground gambling house – The Mayfair Club. We played a “chouette”,
    which is a group form of the game, where one player, in rotation, plays,
    against all others [who consult on their plays]. This game was a fancy
    catered affair as the stakes were $25 a point. It was easy to lose 100 or
    200 points in an evening. Losing $5,000 40 years ago was intense.
    5K was not big money TWO generations ago. It was H U G E money.

    ahhh…. the joys of fiat currency

  • metronome

     

    Quote: blackjackomaha said:
    This is the exact opposite of a good DD game, but I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw it.

    My local Harrah’s has been losing business for years. They recently removed all gaming from the top-level of the boat, and replaced it with another lounge. Only two small floors are left due to the competition. Well, Harrah’s thought they would hop on the DD train that has arrived with the following:

    $10 min, H17, DA2, NMSE, BJ 6:5, 45-50% pen.

    As I walked by to see why it was the only full table, a couple ploppies told me I had to wait my turn – they were in line for the next open seat first.

    Gotta luv the evil empire….I’m still waitin’ for my comps from my “comp experiment”…sorry Harrahs SOB’s

  • Dealer/Counter/

     

    Quote: horse_johnson said:
    My local casino offers a game perfectly tailored to my limited BR, and in an attempt to keep that going I tipped quite liberally the last time I was there.

    That said, I hated doing it because I oppose tipping those suckers on principle. It’s not that I’m a miser who hates tipping. I’m a solid 20%+ tipper at restaurants. But waiters and waitresses aren’t part of a scam to destroy the lives of weak-minded and usually poor gambling addicts. Your average BJ dealer is an unattractive, unskilled person who has a ridiculously easy job and can’t or won’t do anything harder. I know the economy is poor, but they choose to work for evil people. They choose to take a job that has a negative effect on society. And I choose not to lift a finger to help them unless, of course, there’s something in it for me.

    You know some dealers are just going to work to pay the bills and go to school full time. I go to work and have to listen to people bitch at me the whole day because their soft 18 lost against my 19. Then I have to have their smoke blown in my face and have a hospital bill because I went in for bronchitis.

    On top of hearing their bitching my hand and wrist is cramping from carpal tunnel and I’m only 22 years old. I’m in the army too and have been on 1 tour already and have all these people tell me I suck cuz I can’t bust or have total disrespect for someone who had served them overseas. But anyways the point is, dealers are people too. Lol

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.