Predicting Roulette??

RJT

SilentBob420BMFJ said:
this is why dice control and roulette can only have theories, not actual proof, unless of course you did a million trials, or the wheel was severely off
Not quite the case. Due to the larger house advantage, the results on roulette and craps should overcome standard deviation far quicker than they would in a game of blackjack. You are still talking large samples of numbers for any form of proof, but not nearly as large as you would be for blackjack.
The main issue is getting a dealer who claims to be able to target the ball to step forward and do exactly that for 5 figure + spins. Although i'm fairly confident that if it was possible, that would have happened by now.

RJT.

Brock Windsor

zengrifter said:
So you are saying that its proven - dealers cannot accurately aim for numbers? zg
I don't know about roulette but I'm reasonably certain they can do so on the Big6 wheel. I've heard of a dealer being fired for hitting the 45:1 too often. Ever see Bob Barker nail that $1.00 on the 'Price is Right'?, those skills can be trained in my opinion.

Sonny

Brock Windsor said:
Ever see Bob Barker nail that $1.00 on the 'Price is Right'?, those skills can be trained in my opinion.
Absolutely. Even a novice dealer can have a big impact on the Big 6 wheel. Being able to hit a certain section of the wheel would be pretty easy to learn. I have no doubt that an experienced Big 6 dealer could hit a target (+/- maybe 2-3 slots) very consistently. In fact, some dealers even do this subconsciously.

-Sonny-

RJT said:
Not quite the case. Due to the larger house advantage, the results on roulette and craps should overcome standard deviation far quicker than they would in a game of blackjack. You are still talking large samples of numbers for any form of proof, but not nearly as large as you would be for blackjack.
The main issue is getting a dealer who claims to be able to target the ball to step forward and do exactly that for 5 figure + spins. Although i'm fairly confident that if it was possible, that would have happened by now.

RJT.
never thot of that..

Brock Windsor said:
I don't know about roulette but I'm reasonably certain they can do so on the Big6 wheel. I've heard of a dealer being fired for hitting the 45:1 too often. Ever see Bob Barker nail that $1.00 on the 'Price is Right'?, those skills can be trained in my opinion.
im not sure what the big 6 wheel is, but spinning the price is right wheel is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than roulette.. you have like 15 numbers on the wheel, and the arrow isnt moving like a roulette ball does, its standing still.. with 100 hours of practice, i could probably get withing 1-2 number everytime on that wheel