Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old February 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Default Richard Harvey?

I just heard this guy on a local radio program saying he is a pro.
He was pushing his seminars and books.
He said basic strategy and card counting does not work, but, of course, his methods do?
Does anyone know anything about this guy - read his books?
Old February 20th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLASH1296 Send a message via AIM to FLASH1296

Harvey is a veteran hustler touting voodoo pseudo-strategies with commonplace BJ ideas.

He wrote: Blackjack: The Smart Way

Here it can be had for as little as $0.75
:

http://product.half.ebay.com/Blackja...foQQprZ2295065

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/c/02/0c/d1/94_7.JPG

Last edited by FLASH1296; February 20th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b View Post
I just heard this guy on a local radio program saying he is a pro.
He was pushing his seminars and books.
He said basic strategy and card counting does not work, but, of course, his methods do?
Does anyone know anything about this guy - read his books?
I met Richard Harvey when he was giving a lecture on his book at a Barnes & Noble book store. I'm reluctant to pass judgment, but I believe he might misunderstand basic probability and how it works. Take this as an opinion from someone who merely heard him pitch his concepts for 45 minutes.

I also read his book, Cutting Edge Blackjack, and it seems to re-enforce that misunderstanding. Still, naggingly interesting to me is his claim of "orbiting hands" on successive shoes. Comments??

Last edited by Renzey; February 22nd, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzey View Post
I met Richard Harvey when he was giving a lecture on his book at a Barnes & Noble book store. I'm reluctant to pass judgment, but I believe he might misunderstand basic probability and how it works. Take this as an opinion from someone who merely heard him pitch his concepts for 45 minutes.

I also read his book, Cutting Edge Blackjack, and it seems to re-enforce that misunderstanding. Still, naggingly interesting to me is his claim of "orbiting hands" on successive shoes. Comments??
Could you explain what is meant by orbiting hands on successive shoes?
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Executive Member

Default orbiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Could you explain what is meant by orbiting hands on successive shoes?
something to do with like say if you get some string of cards (two or three cards), then they show up together again after the pack is shuffled and the shoe is dealt again.
i think Harvey claims this sort of thing can go on and on and on until maybe new cards are introduced, sort of thing.

so i guess the idea may have some relevance for key carding, sequencing, erhh, i really don't know.

i just happen to have the book and looked the term (orbiting) up in the index.
i tried several times to read the book and couldn't follow or make sense of a darn thing Harvey was writing about.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Default Intelligent People Don't Libel Others Especially If They're Ignorant of the Fact

To Flash1296: I want to know your identity. I mean my attorney wants to know. And if you don't come out of your worm hole and reveal what author or web site hawker you are and apologize to me for the libel you posted on this site, you're going to pay me handsomely for the lies and character assassination you posted. What axe are your grinding? Have I made your books obsolete with my new methods?

And Renzey, I'm shocked that you would be critical without any knowledge of what my books are about. How about reading my books first before you go off half-cocked with your criticisms? "Strings" have nothing to do with my books or methods. Where did you get that from?

How about going to http://www.blackjacktoday.com/Blackj...ategySucks.htm and http://www.blackjacktoday.com/WhyCar...dBlackjack.htm and start there with why the methods you guys love are antiquated, faulty, ineffective and worthless.

I'm a university-trained mathematician and scientist and I've done more than 10 years worth of research and produced a system whose methods blow the doors off the old school methods you guys bow down, methods from the early 1950s (Baldwin, McDermott, Cantey & Maisel's basic strategy dates back to 1953) and the early 1960s (as in Thorp and Dubner's card counting methods from 1962 and 1963.)

I not only demand respect, I'm here to announce that I am fed up with the libel on the Internet by anonymous trolls who aren't fit to shine my shoes and I am about to show those who attempt character assassination, libel and spread lies about my books, books they've never read, that there are laws in this land that not only protect my work and reputation, but which allow me to go after those who think they can hide behind anonymity on the Internet and commit crimes that are actionable in court. So flash1296 you and your ilk are on notice.

To Renzey and others who should know better: at least do me the favor of reading my books before you try to libel me. What's the problem? Hurting your bottom line? Shame on you!
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Default Easy to judge a man's character

Well, I guess that clears things up. He demands respect from people who he doesn't believe are fit to shine his shoes. At least there were some amusing links that we can all get a good laugh from. Thanks for stopping by Richard. If you have anything else you want to say before you go, do it now and make it count.

-Sonny-
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default I have a right to be angry

Sonny,
Why the slap in the face? Have you read my books? Do you think you and your buddies have the right to diss anyone you like, without cause? There are libel laws in this country, buddy boy.
Just another person who's more than willing to be nasty, right, without having read my books? Why? Cause your friends told you to hate me for challenging their old fashioned ideas, so you lockstep in line with them, and post stupid comments against me?
Again - you pretend blackjack experts ought to read other books out there, books that even challenge ideas. And if you're going to criticize someone, I think that someone has the right to ask that you at least inform yourself before you get nasty.
I have no respect for those who trash me, would you? Especially those who haven't read my books!! How stupid is that???
And I'm in the wrong?
If you're all so interested in blackjack, why NOT read my books? Go to the library, for chrissakes if you want to. I don't care.
But you at least owe me the respect of reading my books before opening your mouths. Why don't you understand that???
Richard Harvey
P.S. Anyone who forms conclusions without any facts is plain dumb!!!
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Default P.s.

And I wonder how, if this site is being moderated, how libelous and ignorant remarks such as flash1296's are allowed to be posted. Funny, but you didn't get upset about his remarks. And, by the way, the answer is, no, no one has the right to libel another. There are laws about that. And blackjackinfo.com is responsible for any libel it allows to be posted on its site, for your information. I would call your attorneys if I were you because I mean business. I've had it.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM

Default Truth is an absolute defense of libel

You have shown me everything I need to see. The links that you posted prove that you are not a mathematician, you have not done any real research in the field and you do not understand even the basics of blackjack. The content of your posts prove that you are not trying to defend yourself or support your claims at all. Instead you have decided to insult everyone who disagrees with you even though you are not familiar with any of their work.

You should be less worried about character assassination and more worried about character suicide.

Banned.

-Sonny-