Richard Harvey?

FLASH1296

I agree fully with Tarzan, and sure as hell, what he says about HIS count is 100% true. I have spent many hours at the felt with Tarzan and he is a speaker of truth.

Just so you know that someone has read your book

I have no respect for those who trash me, would you? Especially those who haven't read my books!! How stupid is that???
And I'm in the wrong?
:laugh:
I have read your book and i just want you to know that your circle of 13 is crap but at least i did take some of your advice and did not waist the $.75 and buy the book i just borrowed it.

sagefr0g

quote: Bobby
I have read your book and i just want you to know that your circle of 13 is crap but at least i did take some of your advice and did not waist the $.75 and buy the book i just borrowed it.

FLASH1296 said:
Bobby, pulleeze share the gems of wisdom that you extracted from your 6 bit investment.
i tried to read Cutting Edge Blackjack. i found it virtually impossible to understand, but what ever i'm young and easily confused.

i will say that i found one concept interesting after having tried to read the book. that being the concept of the value of 'if one knew what the dealer's hole card was' sort of thing.

i would guess that Mr. Harvey might respond and say such a concept is not a part of the idea of his book, but alas, Mr. Harvey is not able to respond.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
i tried to read Cutting Edge Blackjack. i found it virtually impossible to understand, but what ever i'm young and easily confused.

i will say that i found one concept interesting after having tried to read the book. that being the concept of the value of 'if one knew what the dealer's hole card was' sort of thing.

i would guess that Mr. Harvey might respond and say such a concept is not a part of the idea of his book, but alas, Mr. Harvey is not able to respond.
Young and easily confused??? lol

If I knew the dealer's hole card, card counting would indeed be obsolete. So would poverty.

SleightOfHand

aslan said:
Young and easily confused??? lol

If I knew the dealer's hole card, card counting would indeed be obsolete. So would poverty.
Obsolete? There are still purposes of CC in HC games, such as when given a 9 v dealer 4 with a 3 in the hole. If you CC, you can determine if this is worthy of a double. Also, what if you miss the HC? The power of CC is synergistic with HC, it increases your advantage in HCing than it does in a BS game. Also, there are (apparently) true counts where even HCing is a -EV game. While employing even a 1-2 spread may be not worth the risk, I wouldn't say CC is obsolete. Just not really worth the effort (if it takes effort).

aslan

SleightOfHand said:
Obsolete? There are still purposes of CC in HC games, such as when given a 9 v dealer 4 with a 3 in the hole. If you CC, you can determine if this is worthy of a double. Also, what if you miss the HC? The power of CC is synergistic with HC, it increases your advantage in HCing than it does in a BS game. Also, there are (apparently) true counts where even HCing is a -EV game. While employing even a 1-2 spread may be not worth the risk, I wouldn't say CC is obsolete. Just not really worth the effort (if it takes effort).
I can live with knowing the dealer's hole card alone. In fact, I can live quite comfortably. :laugh:

PS--Just let me know it every time.

Sonny

SleightOfHand said:
There are still purposes of CC in HC games...
...like knowing when not to adjust your bets. You don't want to accidentally get tagged as a card counter...unless you're trying to protect something or someone.

-Sonny-

SleightOfHand said:
How much does counting actually add th HC? Or do we need ExCAA to answer that?
I would say not enough to warrant the effort. zg

Sagefr0g said:

Most of what Mr. Harvey says about knowing what the dealer hole card makes perfect sense if and I must say IF you play with a 13 card deck which is how he explains it. I for one have never played in a 13 card deck game before but if I ever find a game this good I will be sure to let everyone know:laugh:

For all who will take the chance and buy this book I think chapter 6 "Amazing Repeating Phenomena" will make most of you fall out of your seats laughing like i almost did.

If you want a good book buy "Blackbelt in Blackjack" and read pages 96-98
Titled "Shuffle-Bored, Anyone?" this will explain all of "Cutting Edge Blackjack" in about 2.5 pages and the rest is great stuff!