16 vs 10 and 12 vs 4 hit or stand

MoneyPlays

beyondbj said:
16 vs 10 and 12 vs 4
for multiple cards ,

when should hit or stand

for csm ? how to determine accurately to get maximum adv ?
With a CSM I don't think even composition dependent strategy would help.

Basic strategy is probably your best bet, um besides not playing a CSM in the first place. BS would be hit and stand, respectively.

16 v 10 is so close that one or two cards can make a difference. Just take the count of the cards played and if the count is positive stand or if its 0 or - hit. 12v4 is also pretty close. Scan the table quick. If a lot of lows and 7,8 and 9s have been played stand, If you don't see many lows or 7,8 or 9's hit.

beyondbj

i heard bj attack have a detailed explanation on this topic

other than just count the running count

it sees how many different cards have shown on the tables

Martin Gayle

beyondbj said:
16 vs 10 and 12 vs 4
for multiple cards ,

when should hit or stand

for csm ? how to determine accurately to get maximum adv ?
You cannot get an advantage counting from a CSM let alone a maximum adv.

You should H/S when the index calls for it.

If you are a BS player a 3 card 16 v 10 is a stand.

Best Bet

The best bet of course is to not play a CSM at all! If no one plays them, them wouldn't have them! Supply and demand sort of thing, you know... just like 6to5 blackjack, as long as people are willing to play it they for DARN SURE are going to provide it!

MoneyPlays

C-s-m

1357111317 said:
16 v 10 is so close that one or two cards can make a difference. Just take the count of the cards played and if the count is positive stand or if its 0 or - hit. 12v4 is also pretty close. Scan the table quick. If a lot of lows and 7,8 and 9s have been played stand, If you don't see many lows or 7,8 or 9's hit.
Since these plays are so close to begin with and he's playing a CSM, I don't think it really matters what's on the board. I'd go with a coin flip. :grin:

Tarzan said:
The best bet of course is to not play a CSM at all! If no one plays them, them wouldn't have them! Supply and demand sort of thing, you know... just like 6to5 blackjack, as long as people are willing to play it they for DARN SURE are going to provide it!
this is so true, everyone boycott those damn evil machines!! i swear they make it worse for everyone, even non counters

MoneyPlays said:
Since these plays are so close to begin with and he's playing a CSM, I don't think it really matters what's on the board. I'd go with a coin flip. :grin:
Well actually I think it does matter MP, not a lot mind you but there is still a "Better play" most of the time. Take a 6D game that has 83% pen. On the first hand if you are dealt a 16v10 and the rest of the table has a bunch of 4s and 5s and the count goes positive, you stand. The same can be said for a CSM. Its just a shoe game with really bad pen.

MoneyPlays

Heads or Tails?

1357111317 said:
Well actually I think it does matter MP, not a lot mind you but there is still a "Better play" most of the time. Take a 6D game that has 83% pen. On the first hand if you are dealt a 16v10 and the rest of the table has a bunch of 4s and 5s and the count goes positive, you stand. The same can be said for a CSM. Its just a shoe game with really bad pen.
Well, I knew you would call me out on that one, prime#. :)

You have a valid point, but my initial advice was to not play the CSM in the first place. So if you play the CSM anyway, you're a gambler and you might as well flip the coin. ;)