Ace Sidecount

shiznites

How exactly does an ace sidecount work? When and how do you use it to your advantage? I'm ready to go "beyond" counting and not quite sure where to start.

(Not sure if you need this to help answer the question: I currently mostly play using zen count, S17, double any 2, DAS, split up to 4, LS, 8 decks, 1.5 pen)

Last edited:

Deathclutch

shiznites said:
How exactly does an ace sidecount work? When and how do you use it to your advantage? I'm ready to go "beyond" counting and not quite sure where to start.

(Not sure if you need this to help answer the question: I currently mostly play using zen count, S17, double any 2, DAS, split up to 4, LS, 8 decks, 1.5 pen)
Depends on what level your count is and whether it is ace neutral or not. Also counting aces isn't beyond counting :laugh:

Deathclutch

shiznites said:
I have no idea what this means. Consider me a baby when it comes to any type of advanced strategy
If your count counts the ace as 0 then your count is ace neutral. Counts like Hi Opt, Advanced Omega and the like are ace neutral. If you use something such as hilo the ace is already figured into your count and so a side count wouldn't do you as much good. Ace neutral counts tend to have a higher PE and IC, and the ace side count is needed to make up for their lack of BC.

Any suggestions then?
Whatever is available to you. Maybe you can spot some flashing dealers and hole card. Maybe you have a very trackable shuffle. I wasn't discouraging the ace side count, just saying that it's not a method beyond counting ;)