Aguilar11

E-town-guy said:
Where are they?
Pretty much any SD game you can flat bet and beat, if you think it's OK to play with a +0.1% advantage. But good SD is such a rarity you might as well take your best shot when you have an opportunity to play it.

Automatic Monkey said:
good SD is such a rarity you might as well take your best shot when you have an opportunity to play it.
A good 1D game with 75+ SCORE leaves a lot of room for very creative camo tactics that still greatly exceed what miniscule gain may be had at flat-bet attempts.

The last time I played Reno I had an opportunity to watch a pro in action - heads-up/3-hands/ 1D/ consistently 4-rounds. He varied his bet size on different hands depending on which hand(s) won the prior round, but the net effective aggregate money bet per round equaled a 1-3 spread with max bets at 3x 600.

He was dressed with an Austin Powers 60s ruffled English cuffs and collar in velvet suit and a dutch boy haircut, though he looked to be 60+. I have reason to believe it was Ian Anderson. zg

avs21

They are a rarity, but there still are some out there you can find that have 0.5% adv with flat betting. I found on my last trip if I play heads up I seem to get really good pen with some dealers. Don't get me wrong I mostly use a 1-2 or 1-3 spread at SD games.

avs21

zengrifter said:
A good 1D game with 75+ SCORE leaves a lot of room for very creative camo tactics that still greatly exceed what miniscule gain may be had at flat-bet attempts.

The last time I played Reno I had an opportunity to watch a pro in action - heads-up/3-hands/ 1D/ consistently 4-rounds. He varied his bet size on different hands depending on which hand(s) won the prior round, but the net effective aggregate money bet per round equaled a 1-3 spread with max bets at 3x 600.

He was dressed with an Austin Powers 60s ruffled English cuffs and collar in velvet suit and a dutch boy haircut, though he looked to be 60+. I have reason to believe it was Ian Anderson. zg

How long did he play for? Did he recieve any heat?

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
I've always wondered whether blackjack's "Ian Anderson" chose his penname from the Tull icon. Anderson is one of the blackjack authors I have never met, and indeed, know virtually nothing about. I'm sure he likes it that way.

I'm a huge Jethro Tull fan. I own at least 20 of their albums on CD, including every single release until the early 90s albums when I lost interest somewhat.
Think I'll go put on one now!

Mikeaber

KenSmith said:
I've always wondered whether blackjack's "Ian Anderson" chose his penname from the Tull icon. Anderson is one of the blackjack authors I have never met, and indeed, know virtually nothing about. I'm sure he likes it that way.

I'm a huge Jethro Tull fan. I own at least 20 of their albums on CD, including every single release until the early 90s albums when I lost interest somewhat.
Think I'll go put on one now!
I'm the same way Ken, with 'Joe Walsh', 'The James Gang' and "The Eagles." In fact, from 2002 thru 2004, I attended 15 Eagles concerts all over the country, and one Joe Walsh solo gig at the Hard Rock in Vegas. I'm catching the James Gang show at House of Blues (Mandalay Bay) on Sept 3rd.

QFIT

I'm also a Tull fan. But I have to hide the CDs 'cause my GF can't stand the band:( I had heard that Ian took the name from Tull, but can't remember where.

Tull

Ditto for me in reference to Jethro Tull.
I saw them in 1978,( or so ....a little fuzzy back then) in Ft. Worth.
________
(Dead link: http://vaporizer.org/forum/herbal-vaporizers/) _Discuss vaporizers_

Last edited: