Anyone a meber of Green Chip?

I am trying to learn as much as I can about BJ. After reading many forums and messages on here, and taking links to other websites I ended up at bj21.com. I want to know if anyone is a green chip member and if they think it is worth the subscription to their club? Please let me know what you guys think.
Thanks. -armajedon

paddywhack

I am

armajedon said:
I am trying to learn as much as I can about BJ. After reading many forums and messages on here, and taking links to other websites I ended up at bj21.com. I want to know if anyone is a green chip member and if they think it is worth the subscription to their club? Please let me know what you guys think.
Thanks. -armajedon
and I know there are several others here.

I wanted to gather as much info and connect with as many AP's as I could to further my game. IMO, well worth the minimal price.

21forme

I'm a member of GC and think it's worthwhile. When you join, review all the posts of the month, going back quite a few years. There are a lot of gems in there. When you think about how much money you're risking playing BJ, it's a small price to pay.

Day to day, there's some good stuff, and some garbage, too. My biggest complaint about that forum is the antiquated software they use. Search is not easy and finding new postings is cumbersome. There was a plan to convert to vBulletin not long ago, but many members objected. One thing they're afraid of with vBulletin is introducing smilies and other silly graphics. Also, their IT guy was unable find a working conversion program to prevent loss of existing posts.

NightStalker

I guess if this forum start charging,

armajedon said:
Thanks. -armajedon
Then it'll also get over-hyped publicity.. Green chip is also public forum like any other - only it is charged.. That restrict few white chip junkies out of it, but not all :p
I don't see any difference in quality of users on either forum and.
Personally, I prefer this forum - software design, user-interface, profile interaction and alot. Green chip is slow, outdated, requires lots of manual pain to read/search post/profiles.. It's user name/password and profile user name/password thing is PITA..

It's paid - that doesn't mean it has any confidential information.. In short, only if you have more spare time to kill instead of playing..
Like I do while am at work :)

There

HockeXpert

A lot of interesting info on GC though I much prefer BJInfo and BJInfo sees a lot more traffic. Definitely worth the measly price just to dredge through all the old posts.

The biggest drawback to me is the antiquated software they use for the forum as others have mentioned.

MeWin$

Its worth it

I'm a member of Green Chip and IMO its worth it if you're a Green Chipper or if youre very curious. There is a wealth of information there and the poster are more knowledgeable in general but there are many superior posters here.

my two cents

bigplayer

armajedon said:
Thanks. -armajedon
The archives at BJ21 are worth the price alone. This site has taken the place of the old BJ21 Free Pages. Green Chip still gets quite a bit of activity.

kewljason

They were offering a free 2 month trial membership, earlier this year which would be a good way for the OP to give it a test drive if they ar still offering it.

moo321

zengrifter said:
BJINFO has by far greater traffic than BJ21, so should we have a 'GC' here too?
Should it be paid or free? zg
We should have a private forum for legit players. It would allow us to talk about specific games without them getting killed, sensitive opportunities, etc.

paddywhack

moo321 said:
We should have a private forum for legit players. It would allow us to talk about specific games without them getting killed, sensitive opportunities, etc.
That's a thought. The logistics of determining who's legit or not could be interesting though.

moo321

paddywhack said:
That's a thought. The logistics of determining who's legit or not could be interesting though.
There's the rub. Probably long-time posters who are well known by the inner circle.

Doubt the mods would do it, though...