AP interest in Poker

Sucker

1357111317 said:
So if i played a 1/2 heads up game vs a fish with 5k and he had 50k (100 bb buy ins ) you're saying he has a distinct advantage on me? I think not. I would end up 50k richer if we played enough. The player with the most skill has the distinct advantage.
It's a well-known fact in the NL poker world that the person with the higher BR generally has a distinct advantage over the one with the smaller, assuming that the two players possess equal poker skills. This is what he was trying to say.

DeTalores

Sucker said:
It's a well-known fact in the NL poker world that the person with the higher BR generally has a distinct advantage over the one with the smaller, assuming that the two players possess equal poker skills. This is what he was trying to say.
Thats why there is Bank roll management. Just like blackjack.
Apparently Young Man doesn't have BRM down (for poker at least).
You don't go bust repeatedly as long as you're not playing over the limits you should, nor should you be pissed when you lose one hand to a suck-out.

So Young Man, you were "Really that good" yet you don't still play it? That doesn't make sense.

aslan

DeTalores said:
Thats why there is Bank roll management. Just like blackjack.
Apparently Young Man doesn't have BRM down (for poker at least).
You don't go bust repeatedly as long as you're not playing over the limits you should, nor should you be pissed when you lose one hand to a suck-out.

So Young Man, you were "Really that good" yet you don't still play it? That doesn't make sense.
No one should expect to win even 50% of the hands he decides to play. If you win 40%, you will be way ahead of the game.