Are double deck games beatable?

I consistently get raped at double deck games because unfortunately these are the majority of small limit tables.

In fact I have never beat a double deck game, I have better luck at 6 deck tables than DD.

I use the high-low with basic strategy and know the I-18 changes.

is there something i'm missing?

forwhat77

Double Deck games are better than six decks. But only if penetration is good. If the penetration is better on the six deck then guess what.. With a six deck high low does decent. With a double deck I like to use a slightly higher level count, and ace side track.
There are other considerations, but thats the basics of it.

Bears in the woods

Does a bear poop in the woods? Does a chicken have feathers? Does a Somalian pirate know where the best deals on RPG's are? Yes, a doubledeck game is beatable depending on some various factors, like many games. It's not like there isn't such a thing as a very bad run for a very long time though... it happens! You might just happen to be that poor guy at the bottom of the bell curve also, you never know...

I've seen more players with flawed strategies than I have seen using sound principles when it comes to blackjack, even among supposed counters and professionals. Evaluate your play, your methods, the specific game/rules, your money management, your count system, etc. Look at it from all angles and determine exactly what you need to do and do it before you lose too much for comfort.

21forme

Depends on penetration, the number of players at the table, rules (can you double on anything and after split?), penetration and penetration. Did I say penetration?

21forme said:
Depends on penetration, the number of players at the table, rules (can you double on anything and after split?), penetration and penetration. Did I say penetration?
Well, he did say he's been getting raped... :eyepatch:

Penetration rule for DD:
50% pen or less- bad game
75% pen or more- good game
Anything in between- good or bad, depending on rules, speed, number of players.

SleightOfHand

As a general rule, you will be experiencing bigger swings with better games because you are going to be making max bets more often. You just happened to be on the wrong side of the curve this time. Keep going at it and you will come out on top :)

daddybo

eldorado said:
I consistently get raped at double deck games because unfortunately these are the majority of small limit tables.

In fact I have never beat a double deck game, I have better luck at 6 deck tables than DD.

I use the high-low with basic strategy and know the I-18 changes.

is there something i'm missing?
yes.

moo321

It also depends on the spread. I'll play a 50% pen H17 D10 DD game if it has a $1 minimum, let's me spread 1-50 and I can play heads up.

I think a lot of counters get messed up by assuming they'll get nailed if they do anything more than:

SD: 1-4
DD: 1-8
Shoe:1-16

Now, you WILL often get nailed for huge spreads, but not ALWAYS! You can find a clueless pit/surveillance, have a good act, lay down camo, etc.

Sucker

If you're beating the 6 deck game then I guess we can safely assume that your problem is not due to counting errors. If you can beat 6 decks then obviously you must be spreading correctly.

Assuming you're playing DD games with sufficient penetration,assuming the dealers aren't all a bunch of cheaters (they're NOT), and assuming you're putting in enough hours to overcome NORMAL fluctuations; then that only leaves one possibility:God HATES you.