Arrrrrrrgh! Lost $600 in one hand!

Coach R

tensplitter said:
The count is really high and I'm max betting 2 hands at $100 a hand. I get a pair of tens against a dealer 6. I split the tens, and get another ten on one of them. I resplit the tens, and get yet another ten. I keep the first 20. Get an 8 with the second ten and keep it. Get a deuce on the third ten, hit it and draw a ten to bust. Second hand I have a pair of 8's so I split them. Get a ten for 18 on one of the 8's and get a 3 on the other 8. I double down the 11 and get an ACE!!!!!

The dealer has a 5 in the hole and draws a ten for 21, wiping me out.

Seems like the only time I get an ace is when I double down 11.
Hmmmmmmmm if you would have not hit the 12, the dealer would have got that ace (12) and then the 10 (22).
So, if this is a true story, you did the wrong thing and cost youself $600, actually $1200 since the dealer would have busted. So, if you are smart enough to count, adjust your bets, and be an AP player, why would you be dumb enough to hit a 12 on a "really high count"? Do you really play B.J. or just talk about it?

Coach R

tensplitter said:
The count is really high and I'm max betting 2 hands at $100 a hand. I get a pair of tens against a dealer 6. I split the tens, and get another ten on one of them. I resplit the tens, and get yet another ten. I keep the first 20. Get an 8 with the second ten and keep it. Get a deuce on the third ten, hit it and draw a ten to bust. Second hand I have a pair of 8's so I split them. Get a ten for 18 on one of the 8's and get a 3 on the other 8. I double down the 11 and get an ACE!!!!!

The dealer has a 5 in the hole and draws a ten for 21, wiping me out.

Seems like the only time I get an ace is when I double down 11.

Splitting 10's on a a "really high count" is BOLD (but right)
Hitting a 12 on a "Really high count" is DUMB (and WRONG)
"BOLD" plus "DUMB" = Going broke "Really" fast

Southpaw

zengrifter said:
Anyone seen Tensplitter?
He appears to have stopped posting the day I asked him why he hit the 12?? zg
Agreed. Have not seen one post from him, since you started requesting his attention to this thread every time he posted elsewhere. Well, his loss I guess. If he cannot admit that his play was wrong or provide an explanation as to why it was actually correct, all while still making other posts elsewhere on the site, purposely avoiding this thread, then there becomes the question of how valuable he is to the site.

SP

aslan

Southpaw said:
Agreed. Have not seen one post from him, since you started requesting his attention to this thread every time he posted elsewhere. Well, his loss I guess. If he cannot admit that his play was wrong or provide an explanation as to why it was actually correct, all while still making other posts elsewhere on the site, purposely avoiding this thread, then there becomes the question of how valuable he is to the site.

SP
Ever stop to think, maybe he just hasn't been on line recently. There is life outside the matrix.

Southpaw

aslan said:
Ever stop to think, maybe he just hasn't been on line recently. There is life outside the matrix.
Seems unlikely after how many times Zg followed his posts around the site always referring him back to this one. But, if he does show up one day to answer, then integrity is restored. Notwithstanding, I just don't see that happening.

SP

aslan

Southpaw said:
Seems unlikely after how many times Zg followed his posts around the site always referring him back to this one. But, if he does show up one day to answer, then integrity is restored. Notwithstanding, I just don't see that happening.

SP
Oh, you're saying he's on the Forum, but just not responding to this thread. :laugh: I think I like his style. :laugh:

aslan said:
Oh, you're saying he's on the Forum, but just not responding to this thread. :laugh: I think I like his style. :laugh:
No, he's gone. He tried to just avoid for a few days and then did an exit stage-left when
he couldn't handle the heat. Without his reply we can only assume that he was a troll. zg

aslan

zengrifter said:
No, he's gone. He tried to just avoid for a few days and then did an exit stage-left when
he couldn't handle the heat. Without his reply we can only assume that he was a troll. zg
Meaning more precisely...?