B.S./Insurance ?

d-down21

I'm sure this a stupid question........ If I'm just playing B/S (Not counting)in a 6d game with 6 players at the table and don't see a 10 on the board is insurance still absolutley the wrong move?

P.S.
I can now count down a deck in 58 seconds.......Yay........It's getting better all the time.:cool:

positiveEV

If there are 6 other players, then you see a total of 15 cards (6 players, you and the dealer's up card) that are not 10s. There is 297 cards remaining in the shoe and 96 of them are 10s. This means that 32.32% of the cards remaining are 10s, but to bet insurance you would need to have a minimum of 33.33% of the remaining cards that are 10s, therefore you should not bet insurance. Your expected return on that situation is 96.9697% so you would loose 3% of everything you bet on insurance on average. The break even point would be 288 cards remaining with no 10s dealt yet.

Last edited:

shadroch

Actually,that is assuming you are sitting at first base. Were you sitting at third base, there could be many more cards on the board,so it might be a good bet.If you know your hand last round had no tens,and that the dealer drew a few additional cards for his hand,then its a good bet.

ChefJJ

shadroch said:
Actually,that is assuming you are sitting at first base. Were you sitting at third base, there could be many more cards on the board,so it might be a good bet.If you know your hand last round had no tens,and that the dealer drew a few additional cards for his hand,then its a good bet.
Just curious, why does it matter where you are sitting when figuring out how many 10-value cards are on the table to decide on insurance? Wondering if I am missing something.

good luck

EasyRhino

ChefJJ said:
Just curious, why does it matter where you are sitting when figuring out how many 10-value cards are on the table to decide on insurance?
Yeah, that's a good point, as the insurance play is made before the rest of the hands, you've already seen (or not seen) all of the cards that you're gonna get before the bet is placed.

shadroch

ChefJJ said:
Just curious, why does it matter where you are sitting when figuring out how many 10-value cards are on the table to decide on insurance? Wondering if I am missing something.

good luck
You are correct.This should teach me not to offer advise while playing Desktop Defense with half the screen.

Kasi

asiafever;37676to bet insurance you would need to have a minimum of 33.33% of the remaining cards that are 10s said:
Great advice - just to clarify the bet is break-even at 33.33% and only profitable when greater than that. Which I know u know.

You want to add to win rate? Keep a second insurance count on the side!