Bankroll Question

I know that I am definitely under-bankrolled, I just would like to know how bad?

$3000, min bet either $5 or $10, have not decided, max bet probably $100

Pennsylvania rules on the tables.

Am I on a suicide mission?

steamboat1983 said:
I know that I am definitely under-bankrolled, I just would like to know how bad?

Try to double your BR first betting -

5 - 2x35 with lots of exiting. zg

snorky

steamboat1983 said:

Using hi-lo with 75% pen,

ROR is probably close to or around 30% and your winrate is probably $20ish/100 hands. IDK if that's suicide to you, but it sure is to me.

zengrifter said:
Try to double your BR first betting -

5 - 2x35 with lots of exiting. zg

Even after plugging in grifter's advice, you seem to be playing at a 13%ish ROR with a winrate of about $14/hr. That's about full kelly. If you wong out all negative counts, ROR actually drops to 8%.

Last edited:

jaygruden

I would stick to $5 tables (if you can find them) until you nickle and dime your way to add several K to BR. If you can replenish BR with outside income I would think you can keep playing during your rebuild period at low stakes.

steamboat1983 said:

I was looking at my reference for Zen and AO2 with Pa rules and 75% pen. I don't know what you use. It looks like the sweet spot for ROR is a 1-10 spread. 1-8 and 1-12 have a higher RoR. There isn't a big difference but to a short stack every little bit helps.