Basic counting question

OK so maybe everyone will hate me for asking the question like this but I wonder? Is it really possible, or should I say feasible to actually make a profit counting in BJ? I understand I am foregoing the spirit of doing it simply for the knowledge and know how, although I would like to learn nonetheless.

But let's pretend for a second I am a money hungry young buck, with a willingness to put in the time and effort to learn who wants an interesting way to make a couple bucks (I am). Is it really worth it to put in the work from a profit standpoint?

I have been reading up on the subject for sometime now, and there unfortunately seems to be some grossly exaggerated claims out and around concerning profits earned from different people. As much as I would like to believe these simply to keep the dream going I just finished reading EasyRhino's whole thread on his first 2 years of playing, and I have to say it was a little disheartening to say the least. Of course I know this is just one example of someone playing and does not necessarily account for all the playing styles.

I guess in summary I am just looking for the easy answer, anything contributed would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. -Stir-friday :)

Sonny

Stir-friday said:
...I just finished reading EasyRhino's whole thread on his first 2 years of playing, and I have to say it was a little disheartening to say the least. Of course I know this is just one example of someone playing and does not necessarily account for all the playing styles.
EasyRhino's thread was brutally honest. It is probably more accurate than any book you will read. The numbers on paper often don't account for some of the real world limitations. Card counting can be profitable but it is a slow, difficult grind. It is a great skill to have and the knowledge you attain can steer you towards many other lucrative opportunities, but it is usually not the means to an end. This thread will probably answer most of the questions you have about the profitability of card counting:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=13026

-Sonny-

Last edited: