Beat the dealer

kewljason

no_fear said:
Is it still relevant or am I wasting my time getting it?
For the most part it is irrelevant as few of todays games resemble what is discribed in the book. However, I still like to think that anyone who is serious about card counting has a copy in their blackjack library. From a historical value you can learn where what we have to day, all came from. Plus the stories alone make it a great read, even if they are outdated. You can usually pick up a paperback copy very reasonably. It's well worth the few bucks, IMO.

tripsix

Beat the Dealer, or beat yourself!

Honestly, probably not worth it today.
If you ever run into a table where a dealer has to manually peek for blackjack for whatever reason you will be beating yourself!
:eek::whip:

Pro21

It's an interesting book from a historical perspective but probably won't improve your game.

Pick up Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.

Cardcounter

Beat the dealer: I have read it and I didn't understand it very well. A good historical book for blackjack is Playing Blackjack as a Business I understood this book completely and became an AP after reading and understanding it. Plus knowing what plays are the correct plays and how much they are the correct plays helps me makes good decisions even if I sometimes go against the book, especially on really close calls like 16 vs a dealer 10 when a few more 5's than usuall are missing.

maybe still useful

I just finished reading the book. I still think there is some useful information in there. Mostly if your scouting out the one deck games other then that the advantages pointed out in the book are hard to use or have been improved on. Im in a hurry at the moment i will right more later.