Beginner Basic Strategy Question

I am beginning to learn counting, and have memorized a BS chart. However, it recently occurred to me that because of the many variations in the game, there are many variations of BS that I would have to learn to truly know BS. Should I attempt to:
-Concentrate on one BS that covers most BJ games. (If so, which?)
-Memorize the all of the variations
-Concentrate on the games that I should expect to come across the most.

Any pointers on this would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas.

shadroch

The authors of Knock Out Blackjack suggest learning and using the BS for 4 decks.
They argue that the 0.03% gain you get by memorizing all the other tables is not worth the effort. I'm not sure they are right, but they are highly thought of, so I give them the benefit of the doubt

StandardDeviant

shadroch said:
The authors of Knock Out Blackjack suggest learning and using the BS for 4 decks.
They argue that the 0.03% gain you get by memorizing all the other tables is not worth the effort. I'm not sure they are right, but they are highly thought of, so I give them the benefit of the doubt
I read somewhere, maybe in KO Blackjack or was it BJA, that most (i.e., like something on the order of 85%) of the gain in shoe games comes comes from the betting strategy, not the playing strategy, deviations. This would, I think, particularly be the case for low playing efficiency (PE) counts like Hi-Lo.

To me this says: learn a multideck BS, and then move on to other aspects of the game. If one is playing a multi-parameter, high PE count at a SD or DD game, then perhaps she should use a different BS.