Best game I seen

SystemsTrader

haxxilla said:
4 deck
10-15 CARD penetration (just so theres enough to finish the hand)
s17
DAS
split 4 times
DOA

Are those good rules?
Do you really have to ask? The HE is .35% and that's amazing pen at about 94%. May I ask where on earth is this game?

21forme

kewljason said:
those of us that play crappy east coast games are very envious of you. :)
After my first non-AC back-off recently, I've come to appreciate the AC games more. Even though there are better rules out there, it's offset by being able to continue playing next shift, next day, next pit, etc. without concern for getting booted out.

It's in a basement, I'd guess illegal game... But the guy hosting it is clueless about counting advantages, that is why the rules are good. ex: he has no idea cuting only 10 cards is so much better for a counter. The rest of the rules are just the same as the east cost rules, but the 4 deck is also good. minimum 1 dollar, you can bet probably around 300$ max bet.

FLASH1296

Yeah, I would think that this is in Canada somewhere, although the law that forbids backing-off Card Counters in Canada ordinarily results in poor penetration and mediocre rules, so maybe this isn't in Canada.

It certainly is not near a major metropolitan center like Toronto or Montreal, on that I would surely bet.

Ever hear of "Gravel Gerties" in The Yukon Territory ?

L.O.L.

The worst game that I ever played was in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

haxxilla said:
It's in a basement, I'd guess illegal game... But the guy hosting it is clueless about counting advantages, that is why the rules are good. ex: he has no idea cuting only 10 cards is so much better for a counter. The rest of the rules are just the same as the east cost rules, but the 4 deck is also good. minimum 1 dollar, you can bet probably around 300$ max bet.
Do you need an explanation as to why you shouldn't play this game?

ihate17

A little story to help explain why you might not play this game

haxxilla said:

I have this very old friend who till recently was in the business of collecting money owed for people who tended not to use paperwork when giving loans.
I am also in a business where sometimes one person in that business will legitimately owe another person a large sum and be in at best a temporary cash crunch.

So a person in my line of business comes to me and asks about my old friend and if my friend could collect some money owed to him. The person asking is an honest businessman who can not seem to collect the debt owed to him and this may be an extreme request for him. I tell him my friend will be here tomorrow.

The next day comes and this guy explains the situation to my friend, who listems with a very serious look on his face. When the explaination is over, my friend looks straight at this guy and in an extremely serious manner says to him, "yes, I can collect every cent owed to you but how would you collect it from me once I had it?"

It was his deadpan way of saying to the guy, do not get envolved with me or my kind of business, and that is my advice to you.

ihate17

FLASH1296 said:
Yeah, I would think that this is in Canada somewhere, although the law that forbids backing-off Card Counters in Canada ordinarily results in poor penetration and mediocre rules, so maybe this isn't in Canada.

It certainly is not near a major metropolitan center like Toronto or Montreal, on that I would surely bet.

Ever hear of "Gravel Gerties" in The Yukon Territory ?

L.O.L.

The worst game that I ever played was in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Is that it ?

Attachments

"10-15 CARD penetration (just so theres enough to finish the hand)"

Forgive my ignorance but isn't this saying that only 10-15 cards are dealt? That they shuffle after each hand?

GeorgeD

haxxilla said:
Sounds like a good place to get arrested -- happened to my brother at a private poker game.

Or a good place to get robbed or your ass kicked.

GeorgeD

ihate17 said:
I have this very old friend who till recently was in the business of collecting money owed for people who tended not to use paperwork when giving loans.
I am also in a business where sometimes one person in that business will legitimately owe another person a large sum and be in at best a temporary cash crunch.

So a person in my line of business comes to me and asks about my old friend and if my friend could collect some money owed to him. The person asking is an honest businessman who can not seem to collect the debt owed to him and this may be an extreme request for him. I tell him my friend will be here tomorrow.

The next day comes and this guy explains the situation to my friend, who listems with a very serious look on his face. When the explaination is over, my friend looks straight at this guy and in an extremely serious manner says to him, "yes, I can collect every cent owed to you but how would you collect it from me once I had it?"

It was his deadpan way of saying to the guy, do not get envolved with me or my kind of business, and that is my advice to you.

ihate17
Maybe if this guy was a consultant to Fannie-Mae and Freddie-Mac they wouldn't have needed a bailout.

Word gets around once guys like this "Collect" from a few people and many others find a way to pay. You really don't have to apply tactics beyond asking if you have a reputation.

callipygian

Ninja Chipmunk said:
"10-15 CARD penetration (just so theres enough to finish the hand)"

Forgive my ignorance but isn't this saying that only 10-15 cards are dealt? That they shuffle after each hand?
Yes, but I think he meant that 10-15 cards are NOT dealt (by context). Confusing penetration with undealt is common.

Why do I get comments about owing money to people. I asked if those rules were good, I know the guy, there is nothing to do with any violence, look at it as a friendly poker game but with a dealer that deals blackjack. And it is 10-15 cards NOT delt.

callipygian

haxxilla said:
Why do I get comments about owing money to people. I asked if those rules were good, I know the guy, there is nothing to do with any violence, look at it as a friendly poker game but with a dealer that deals blackjack. And it is 10-15 cards NOT delt.
It's not very friendly if you're trying to win money from your friend, is it?