best threads

I've lurked on this sight for almost three years now and enjoy it immensely. Many thanks to the people who make it what it is. I wanted to put that right up front before suggesting more work for the administrators.

In using the sight to dig up information, there are certain threads that I keep going back to time and again to re-read. If others agree, might it be possible to create additional links under the main categories along the lines of "20 greatest threads of all time" or "10 best threads of 2006" or "20 most informative threads" for old threads in that category?

I could see these links being set up to look something like this:

Blackjack - Advanced Strategies
Discuss advanced techniques: Shuffle Tracking, Ace Location, etc.
- 20 Greatest Threads

obviously I'm not a web page designer and I'm challenged when it comes to aesthetics. But someone here probably has a good way to do it.

Perhaps threads could be nominated and voted on, or just selected by an administrator.

As an example in the "advanced techniques" category, I would nominate the two "shuffle tracking for imbeciles" threads and the "shuffle scouting for imbeciles" thread.

Anyway, just a thought. It would probably be a lot of work for someone, but it would be nice to have a shortcut to the best threads.

Aloha

Last edited:
All of the really good threads were deleted before they saw the light of day. I can't tell you how I know this, in fact, this may get deleted for me posting this!

moo321

TheProdigy said:
All of the really good threads were deleted before they saw the light of day. I can't tell you how I know this, in fact, this may get deleted for me posting this!
Sound like a conspiracy theory to me...

TheProdigy said:
Give us an example of these good but deleted posts, please. zg

Mimosine

jack said:
I vote for the Journal of "man this counting stuff is hard" as one of the top Twenty.
that thread gets #1 by me.

it was probably the first thread i read on here.

i bought KO blackjack because of it, and was counting within 1 month. Several of ER's experiences I have NOT had yet, but that thread has prepared me for them.

Mimosine

KenSmith said:
This is an excellent idea, and one I will pursue once I recover from vacation and get caught up again.
Chop Chop Ken - no vacation for you! :)

thanks again for the site. i can only imagine how craptastic my game would be had I not found it.... :)

nightspirit

*bump*

Old thread I know but still an interesting idea. Here is a lot of good stuff around and an archive or something like that would be great!

blackchipjim

I would think that categorization of threads that would be relative to subjects would be difficult to say the least. There are some four star if not five star threads that are so helpful to the counter that we all owe a debt of gratitude to the posters. I thank all the pros or just darn good counters that help us here make this one of the best if not the best sites for information.

nightspirit

zengrifter said:
A project like that would give the new moderators some-
thing better to do than just bust posts and lock threads. zg
They are doing a great job IMO!

Probably easier when all members suggest archive-worthy posts or threads.