Bet Riding

Finn Dog

What's your response to a player--who either might be waiting to join the game or never joins till a fresh shuffle--who asks if he can place his bet on top of yours? :eek:

Best regards,

FD

SleightOfHand

Finn Dog said:
What's your response to a player--who either might be waiting to join the game or never joins till a fresh shuffle--who asks if he can place his bet on top of yours? :eek:

Best regards,

FD
I personally allow it. They may get upset for making a play that they don't like, but I couldn't care less. There has also been a (single) occasion where they were afraid to double on the bet and had no problem with me scavenging it since they were getting a single card anyway.

Sharky

Finn Dog said:

Best regards,

FD
Only if:

1.) 2 x my max bet is <= table max
2.) they match my bet...not interested in doing math to split up cash - just half it!
3.) they don't comment on my play

What really pisses me off is when you get some comedian sitting (actually sitting) at the other end of the table to you (when you are the only other player) and who is not betting and is just waiting for the count to go up while you're flat-betting at the start of a shoe.

That happened to me last week. I got up from the table after losing the first 4 hands after sitting down saying "I'm going to wait 'til he" (pointing to him) "changes the luck". And left him sitting having to bet. And yes, I did return and sit down when the count went up.

I wouldn't have minded if he had backcounted away from the table, but to sit at the table and blantantly refuse cards while keeping a close eye on mine ... well that just pissed me off. Y'know, getting me to pay for a higher count then swooping in to steal my cards.

The twat!