Beyond Hi-Lo...

Hey all. I've become fairly comfortable with Hi-Lo. I wouldn't say I'm a master, but I've got it down. I've been flirting with the idea of learning another step; a side count or something before my next trip, but I'm not quite sure where to start.

I was considering the following. What if I just took Hi-Lo, and doubled the value of aces and fives? Anyone heard of such a count or have a vague idea of the effects on EV and variance? I was just glancing at some card removal numbers, and it seems like counting aces as -2 might be counter-productive.

Any thoughts? I'm open to suggestions and criticisms.

Mad

maddencutter said:
Hey all. I've become fairly comfortable with Hi-Lo. I wouldn't say I'm a master, but I've got it down. I've been flirting with the idea of learning another step; a side count or something before my next trip, but I'm not quite sure where to start.

I was considering the following. What if I just took Hi-Lo, and doubled the value of aces and fives? Anyone heard of such a count or have a vague idea of the effects on EV and variance? I was just glancing at some card removal numbers, and it seems like counting aces as -2 might be counter-productive.

Any thoughts? I'm open to suggestions and criticisms.
Mad,

Then you will affect the strong indice plays that have been so well researched and proven in Hi-LO.

Do a side of aces only in DD, (or SD).

CP

creeping panther said:
Mad,

Then you will affect the strong indice plays that have been so well researched and proven in Hi-LO.

Do a side of aces only in DD, (or SD).

CP
OK. Say you're playing DD and side-counting aces. How exactly do you use the ace side count?

I assume you would play all your indices exactly as you would normally and factor an ace as about twice as negative as a ten when it comes to your bet spread. Something like that?

What if you get a high count with many aces already played, or a negative count but an ace-loaded deck. The two sort of cancel each other out I assume?