Blackjack Awakening part Two

Bojack1

cardcounter0 said:
Does Ray Kroc run $900 seminars telling you to open up a cheap hamburger stand in order to crush the restaurant world?

As you pointed out, there are some things that have to be done simple, and less profitably, when running a team. Does an individual want to pay $900 and learn and use methods that are optimal for a team, or should he buy a book for $20 and learn the optimal methods for a single player?

If you open up 1 restaurant, do you open up a McDonalds and grind out a meager income (one that if you had 10,000 of these McDonalds open, you would become rich like Ray Kroc) or do you optimize your methods, not keep it simple for the team, and open up the high end eatery for a good living?

Is the expensive seminar in question about how to set up and run a team, or is it for individuals?
Listen pal, I replied to your posts to try to clear up misconceptions about what The MIT teams were about, and what they teach in their seminar. I don't think anybody needs to attend a seminar to learn how to play the game, and I never implied as such. I don't really care how someone goes about learning how to play the game.

To each his own, to answer all your above questions. That has nothing to do with why I replied to your post. If you want to make it about expensive seminars then you can rant on, it doesn't concern me either way. Its just my opinion but if you want to state your ideas thats cool, if you want to speculate about something, knowing the facts first is a pretty good step in being credible.

cardcounter0 said:
Does Ray Kroc run $900 seminars telling you to open up a cheap hamburger stand in order to crush the restaurant world?

As you pointed out, there are some things that have to be done simple, and less profitably, when running a team. Does an individual want to pay $900 and learn and use methods that are optimal for a team, or should he buy a book for $20 and learn the optimal methods for a single player?

If you open up 1 restaurant, do you open up a McDonalds and grind out a meager income (one that if you had 10,000 of these McDonalds open, you would become rich like Ray Kroc) or do you optimize your methods, not keep it simple for the team, and open up the high end eatery for a good living?

Is the expensive seminar in question about how to set up and run a team, or is it for individuals?
In all fairness to Cardctr0, the seminars aren't being offered by the "MIT TEAM". zg

mdlbj

(Dead link: http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackjackinfo.com%2Fbb%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D86142%23post86142)

See much better...

cardcounter0 said:
This post is all false speculation. As far as the MIT teams go they were far from crude even if they were only using a level 1 hi-lo count. On top of that they were ultra conservative with their betting given the bankroll they were using.

Okay, they weren't crude except they used a 1 level count on shoe games, used a counter's BS or limited number of indexes, and ramped bets on a TC+1 basis instead of trying to determine an optimal ramp. So other then their count, procedures, and betting they were state of the art.
Realistically, none of those things matter that much either. High-Low works just fine, especially in a shoe game where you aren't worried about finesse. Counter's Basic Strategy works just fine too, especially with a big spread. Remember the 16 vs. 10 and 12 vs. 3 indices are worth about as much as all the rest put together. And as far as the ramp goes, if you have enough money it's no big deal. Just put money on the table when you have an advantage and keep it off when you don't have an advantage, that's all card counting is.

Not that I would recommend emulating this or any team or paying for seminars. There is no substitute for doing your own homework and getting your own experience, to play in the manner that is ideal for you.

aslan

mdlbj said:
(Dead link: http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackjackinfo.com%2Fbb%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D86142%23post86142)

See much better...
Yikes! Now I seez what youse meens!

The Stork

Indeed

example..

The Snake talks to Eva. iIt is allowed to believe that according to Jehova, but.....my explination about out of body experiences is scientifically explained, according to the same Jehova.. :laugh:

Why for the sake of love we need to believe in something to be a good human being. It is sad that we do that. We overall refuse, to confrontate ourselves with the shortcomings we estiblish during the course of our lives. Facing your humanity means allowing yourself to give change a chance. Instead we hide behind strict dogma playing the game of please accept me for what I am because I can not do better. It is sad and add to the reasoning that I count myself through a bunch of cards at the Strip.

The rest you can read in my bestseller in make...:whip:

Stork

Last edited:

mdlbj

Haha Yes and No AM.. They can teach you things you have not even thought about and then some. But the price is a bit steep..

Automatic Monkey said:
Realistically, none of those things matter that much either. High-Low works just fine, especially in a shoe game where you aren't worried about finesse. Counter's Basic Strategy works just fine too, especially with a big spread. Remember the 16 vs. 10 and 12 vs. 3 indices are worth about as much as all the rest put together. And as far as the ramp goes, if you have enough money it's no big deal. Just put money on the table when you have an advantage and keep it off when you don't have an advantage, that's all card counting is.

Not that I would recommend emulating this or any team or paying for seminars. There is no substitute for doing your own homework and getting your own experience, to play in the manner that is ideal for you.

mdlbj

Sonny knows something I dont.. Wow.. Who are you? Uston was the shizzle for realz...

Sonny said:
I believe they are the same. They both use the player's CE to adjust the indices for risk tolerance.

I believe the table offset that mdlbj is talking about is a TC adjustment for betting purposes only. Similar to the "bet the TC-1 in green" concept that Uston describes.

-Sonny-

mdlbj

See below.. Well put BoJack..

Bojack1 said:
Using a level 1 count when running and maintaining a team, especially a high level team, is the absolute most efficient way to run a team. Only a limited number of indexes were needed as only positive situations were played. Learning the negative would have been pointless. There is no such thing as ramping the bets on a TC+1 basis. They do teach a TC-1 betting ramp for ease of use, but that doesn't mean that it was exclusively used by the MIT teams of the past.

Implementing a simple but effective system is a key to success while running anything where you have many people involved and wish to main a high degree of quality control. If Ray Kroc, founder of Mcdonalds had chosen to open a high end restaurant I'm sure he could have gotten by making a nice living. Instead he took a simple concept, implemented a simple plan that basically he could plug any kid into, and made simple fast food. So instead of just being comfortable, he was rich enough to buy a small country. By far surpassing anything that he could have done with opening some type of high end lavish,expensive, you're hip if you eat there place. The concept may seem crude, but the ideology and pure vision it takes to accomplish such things are quite complex. The whole logistical and inner workings of the MIT teams could be compared to my Ray Kroc example, And not coincidentally, in both cases they made millions.

mdlbj

You have to have at least 1 million in net worth to even purchase a McDonald's franchise. You should stick with little Ceazars for now, they only require 250k in net worth.

cardcounter0 said:

Last edited:

Sonny

mdlbj said:
This is after they showed up and if you noticed the chip stack, she over paid me for a BJ.. Woot, I was outta there faster than they could aske me to leave.
I can't tell because the person's arm is blocking the rest of the payout. Was your bet $25 or $50?

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Sonny said:
I can't tell because the person's arm is blocking the rest of the payout. Was your bet $25 or $50?

-Sonny-
i could'nt make anything of it. just a blackjack table with people sitting there and a female dealer. looks like she's going in the chip tray. :confused:

Canceler

sagefr0g said:
i could'nt make anything of it.
I'm with you. IF the first picture is supposed to be showing an overpayment on a BJ, then somebody got an extra $12.50, depending on what the arm is covering up. Woohoo! The other two pictures seem to be of a guy with a clipboard, probably counting the chip tray. What are we supposed to be seeing here?

mdlbj

There are three stacks of 30. If you look at the dealers left hand you can see the bottom card in the first picture; which opens up some opportunities. If Teddy would have taken pictures during the deal you would have seen the hole card..

The guy sitting next to me was suppose to get the BJ, not me... But at leat I was over paid for the BJ on that hand. Pay attention to the details, this went on for a few hours there, this is just an example of what you will see but, you all are not looking close enough.

Click on the picture for a larger view... God I hate paste eating PC users...

sagefr0g

mdlbj said:
There are three stacks of 30. If you look at the dealers left hand you can see the bottom card in the first picture; which opens up some opportunities. If Teddy would have taken pictures during the deal you would have seen the hole card..

zoomed it. looks like maybe a 9 to me?
pretty cool.