blackjack info message boards

I read/contribute to Vegas, blackjack and horse race handicapping forums.

Whenever I'm tempted to write that someone's opinion full of crap or to write a smart aleck remark, I stop typing and delete the message.

I will correct something--politely--if I know an error or misinformation has been posted.

But I do marvel at how often, and how soon, threads get hijacked.

So let's get back on the topic of Poland:)

Machinist

Screw poland......screw the whiners on this site.....Read and learn.....
Everybody whines in their own way about their own crap..... Read and learn...
I have found the more arrogant , mouthy, not afraid to say whats on their mind, are the AP's really out there doing it as much as they possibly can...
If you can't handle some "negativity" then buddy you better get outta the way.......
What's that GEICO commercial with the Drill sergeant say as a therapist!!!!!!!!!! This aint Namby pamby land...........you *********** jackwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:
Now ya wanna learn something or wanna get along with everybody?????
As far a pro's on this site.......shut up and listen to them.....
As far a semi pro's ..........shut up an listen to them.....
As far as bs players.......shut up and listen to them.....
As far as newbies........shut up and listen to them.....
As far as me .......i know nothiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg i see nothiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg but i have read and learned.......
This site is lucky to have these arrogant mouthy sob's even coming to this site.......Much less have them come to a chat session once in a while.........
NAMBY PAMBY
Machinist

Machinist said:
NAMBY PAMBY ...
Kudos Brother Chinist!

From Wikipedia Namby Pamby-
Namby Pamby is a term for affected, weak, and maudlin speech/verse. However, its origins are in Namby Pamby (1725), by Henry Carey. Carey wrote the poem as a satire of Ambrose Philips and published it in his Poems on Several Occasions. Its first publication was Namby Pamby: or, a panegyrick on the new versification address'd to A----- P----, where the A-- P-- was Ambrose Philips.

A-P was a figure who had become politically active and was a darling of the Whig party. He was also a target of the Tory satirists. Alexander Pope had criticized A-P repeatedly (in The Guardian and in his Peri Bathos, among other places), and praising or condemning A-P was a political as much as poetic matter in the 1720's.

The poem begins with a mock-epic opening (as had Pope's Rape of the Lock and as had Dryden's MacFlecknoe), calling all the muses to witness the glory of Philips's prosodic reform:
All ye Poets of the Age!
All ye Witlings of the Stage!
Learn your Jingles to reform!
Crop your Numbers and Conform:
Let your little Verses flow
Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
Let the Verse the Subject fit;
Little Subject, Little Wit.
Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride.​

Last edited:

Machinist

zengrifter said:
Kudos Brother Chinist!

From Wikipedia Namby Pamby-
Namby Pamby is a term for affected, weak, and maudlin speech/verse. However, its origins are in Namby Pamby (1725), by Henry Carey. Carey wrote the poem as a satire of Ambrose Philips and published it in his Poems on Several Occasions. Its first publication was Namby Pamby: or, a panegyrick on the new versification address'd to A----- P----, where the A-- P-- was Ambrose Philips.

A-P was a figure who had become politically active and was a darling of the Whig party. He was also a target of the Tory satirists. Alexander Pope had criticized A-P repeatedly (in The Guardian and in his Peri Bathos, among other places), and praising or condemning A-P was a political as much as poetic matter in the 1720's.

The poem begins with a mock-epic opening (as had Pope's Rape of the Lock and as had Dryden's MacFlecknoe), calling all the muses to witness the glory of Philips's prosodic reform:
All ye Poets of the Age!
All ye Witlings of the Stage!
Learn your Jingles to reform!
Crop your Numbers and Conform:
Let your little Verses flow
Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
Let the Verse the Subject fit;
Little Subject, Little Wit.
Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride.​
I have Read and learned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again.....:laugh:
Thanks zg i had no idea......i will now shut up and listen...

Machinist

moo321

MAZ said:
Whatever do you mean? What pro would possibly think they are better than your self acknowledged decent amount of non legit, internet hero, no experiencing having, talking out of their ass types? The nerve of those stinkheaded pros. I'm with ya moo, those pros using their asses as hats should just shutup and be kind to all the others posting their "wealth of knowledge". :grin:

Well, to me the issue isn't so much misinformation as civility. Some people on here are morons, but that doesn't mean we have to say so.

Just state your (hopefully correct) opinion, and let people sort it out.

I mean what is the purpose of calling someone a fraud? Even if he is, what does it accomplish?

moo321 said:
Well, to me the issue isn't so much misinformation as civility. Some people on here are morons, but that doesn't mean we have to say so. I mean what is the purpose of calling someone a fraud? Even if he is, what does it accomplish?
Lets see a short list of members who do this... excluding QFIT, of course. zg

Ps - Can we say - "You idiot!"?
Pps - Stop being such a NAMBY PAMBY!

blackchipjim

Sites demeanor

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have all have to get along genuis and dullards alike is that not the norm of society. We have to agree to disagree and defend that right here. If you are the smartest person on this site you can learn some valuable lessons from the least of us here. I may be rich or I may be poor, I may be just above a moron and need alot of help with the game or just a few questions answered to make me a better player that is what we are about. Name calling during arguements takes away from us as a whole let us not be our own worst enemy.

Pro's

moo321 said:
I agree. There's just no sense in sitting around calling names and arguing about who's a "real" pro or not.
There are probably only 5 or 6 full time Pro's that post regularly here, but I know for a fact there are some damn good players posting here that hold down day time jobs and are almost, if not as good, as the full time Pro's and just as serious about the game of BJ.

I would certainly place Moo in that group, although I do not know at this time his work, job status, I do know he is excellent and serious and has great Skillz, as well as many others here.:cool:

CP

zengrifter said:
Speaking of Poland - when we were promoting the microwave-based "wireless cable" TV in the 90s, (see ZGI) one of our biggest sales was to install the tech in Warsaw, to be that nation's first cable system. The Polish PM and his Telecom Minister loved the system demos - clarity - cost advantage of no coax cable plant, etc.

BUT at the 11th hour the Poles canceled the sale. We were flabbergasted and asked WHY??

The Polish representative replied, "Well now this is our country's first cable TV system...
...so we decided we want the real cable... so that we can see what we are getting!"
I thought someone would get a laugh? zg

Last edited: