blackjack pros

The Stork

the human condition facing swings

What most people do not like to admit is the fact that living a life as a cardcounter you should be very much sure if you met peace within your painlevel. Most people have an excuse why something would not work. If you are able to live for 10 dollar an hour counting cards than that is much better than being a modern slave. In America everythings correlates to money, one of the main reasons why most people in this country doesn't have anything.
In order to be, having is an illusion. Therefore passing through blackjack land for a slowly gaining rate p/h is the best thing to do. Ofcourse you should understand that any relation outside of you is a fake one. Within yourself no prove can be gained when experience is all you do for a living.

The Stork

:eyepatch:

rollem411

Extremely useful link Sonny, thank you. I've been reading the Zengrifter interview with much attention. If I wanted to go in on a partner double and I noticed that the player used the last of his money, lets say $100 bet, and I told him I would cover the double...what percent of the double should I reward him for letting me go in as his partner. Half? $25? For sure I would have to give him something or else he would just take a hit because it would not be an advantage to him. I want to reward his kindness, but do not want to move into -EV by giving too much.

rollem411 said:
Extremely useful link Sonny, thank you. I've been reading the Zengrifter interview with much attention. If I wanted to go in on a partner double and I noticed that the player used the last of his money, lets say $100 bet, and I told him I would cover the double...what percent of the double should I reward him for letting me go in as his partner. Half? $25? For sure I would have to give him something or else he would just take a hit because it would not be an advantage to him. I want to reward his kindness, but do not want to move into -EV by giving too much.
I have NEVER offered a percentage. Afterall, I'm PARTNERS with the guy/girl - thats 50-50 - sharing the risk and reward. zg

zengrifter said:
I have NEVER offered a percentage. Afterall, I'm PARTNERS with the guy/girl - thats 50-50 - sharing the risk and reward. zg
ya, but your risk is lower than his (your choice is not play at all, or get 1 card on an awsome hand, and his choice is get 1 card, and if its a 2, oh well, or hit, and if its a 2, he gets to hit again), thus why there is a "doubling for more" strategy, which is essentially what your doing.. its all explained in that article, and i know you already know this, and are just saying that you rely on the ploppy being a retard, which isnt a bad choice really, especially if the person is betting $5 or $10, in which case throwing him a $1 chip to double may actually be too much