Blackjack terms and acronyms?

PrinceDragon

DAS=Double after split
AP=Advantage Player
LS=Late Surrender
EV=Expected Value

I was also wondering how you explain your bankroll losses and wins according to units?
Let say you are counting, betting $10-$100,and at the end of your trip,you won $300.
Therefore,$10 is your unit,and you won 30 UNITs on that trip;)

P.D.

Blue Efficacy

MOOLA said:
What do these stand for:
DAS
AP
LS
EV

(found those acronyms here http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=9605 in posts #10, 9, and 7).

I was also wondering how you explain your bankroll losses and wins according to units?

I'm lost :confused:
A $100 win has a completely different meaning to someone betting with a $5 minimum than it would to someone betting a $100 minimum, I think that is the main reason to go by "units."

what is
-wonging?
-pen?
-penetration?

lol. I'm such a newb.
But you gotta start somewhere right?

Last edited:

Sonny

From the links I gave above:

Wong, Wonging. A method of betting coined by Atlantic City card counters in the late 70's after the style of play blackjack expert Stanford Wong proposed and used. Wonging refers to back counting at a table until the count is very positive. A single bet (or a few sequences of bets) is then made at or near the table maximum. A bet spread is therefore not required since all bets are made when the count is strongly positive. See hit and run. See table hopping.

penetration. The percentage or fraction of a deck or shoe that is dealt out to players. Some prefer to use the point at which the dealer will deal another hand rather than shuffle to define penetration. Although this is a minor point for shoe games it is a major point for single-deck. Penetration is considered one of the most important factors in determining the profitability of a blackjack game.

-Sonny-