Book Recommendations??????

ChefJJ

Blackjack: Take the Money and Run isn't bad. It has BS charts for all sorts of rules and does a pretty good job of explaining BS. It does have a basic Hi-Lo strategy if that does peak your interest.

good luck

He's looking for Voodoo books, I believe. If not, just use the basic strategy generator at this site, and maybe Rubin's Comp City and Jean Scott's Frugal Gambler.

IF you DO want Voodoo then search out the works of:

John Patrick
E. Clifton Davis
Walter Thompson
Jerry Patterson
Donald Dahl
David Popik

The short lest above should provide you with more than enough BS, and I don't mean basic strategy. zg

ChefJJ

zengrifter said:
He's looking for Voodoo books, I believe. If not, just use the basic strategy generator at this site, and maybe Rubin's Comp City and Jean Scott's Frugal Gambler.

IF you DO want Voodoo then search out the works of:

John Patrick
E. Clifton Davis
Walter Thompson
Jerry Patterson
Donald Dahl
David Popik

The short lest above should provide you with more than enough BS, and I don't mean basic strategy. zg
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me where I was! :confused:

I agree with Patrick & Patterson especially being full of BS :eyepatch:

Sonny

What about Wong's "Winning Without Counting" book. Has anyone read it? I've heard that many of the techniques are outdated (tells, warps) but that it does open people's eyes to new possibilities.

-Sonny-

ChefJJ

Sonny said:
What about Wong's "Winning Without Counting" book. Has anyone read it? I've heard that many of the techniques are outdated (tells, warps) but that it does open people's eyes to new possibilities.

-Sonny-
I think I flipped through that one at the library a while back...that sounds about right. It was either that one or "21st Century Blackjack" that was basically pressure-based betting or progressive betting minded.

good luck

RJT

Zen, you forgot to mention Cipher ;)
I believe that wong's 'Winning without counting' was replaced with 'Blackjack Secrets'. It's fairly good, but i wouldn't say it was anything revolutionary today. I'd highly recommend it (especially given it was Wong who started warps play ect), just don't expect too much.

RJT.

rogue1

Bjbb Ii

Read Blackjack Bluebook II by Fred Renzey-it will explain alot of things a basic strategy player can do to improve his game-and hey,it may change your mind about counting cards.

halcyon1234

Buy my book, "The Invisible, Intangible Blackjack Book". You just send me money, and instantly, by merely being in possession of the book, the quantum variance differential will, in a non-zero manner, become relevant to your start-stop bankroll swing! Instant money flow!