Buy or don't buy

In a BJ tourny, you sometimes have an option to buy more chips. My question is wether or not to use this strategy (buying) if so, when and more importantly, what if the majority of the table buys and you don't? A little confused on the best plan of attack in this situation.

21gunsalute

Well at Four Winds it's a no brainer. Pay a $60 entry and get $5000 in chips or $65 and get $6000 in chips. Why would you want to place yourself at a considerable disadvantage over a measly $5? I'd say always buy the extra chips unless they're at such a premium that it would be impractical to do so.

Update, I finished a tourny in which a 20 dollar add-on bought you 4000 in extra-chips. I resisted the add-on until I reached the semi-final round. At that point I exercised that option and had little problem making the final table. The final six all agreed to chop and walked away. While I am still new to Black Jack tournaments, I have noticed a huge improvement with each time playing. Thanks in large part to this website and it's MBers. Thank you all.

:)

Cardcounter

Yeah in a lot of low dollar tournaments extra chips are sold to players and that money usually goes to the dealers. 9 out of 10 people usually buy the extra chips. It is a sweet deal for the dealers.