Buying in big

bjcount

FLASH1296 said:
I always buy in for 20 units. That is "just right".
I agree, this is the perfect buy in, 20 units.

An atypical buy in, which I witness all too often, brings so much attention I have had to walk away from a few tables.

The perfect example of this is when a guy walks up to the table, drops a strap of $100's, and then the dealer takes 10 minutes to count it out in $2,500 clumps... two pit supervisors confirm the count and the color is pushed to the player.

Now the players sitting with 10 grand in chips and bets $50-$100 with 2 sets of eyes on him, me, and the other player.

After a shoe or two of betting $50-$100 with maybe a couple of $200 bets thrown in for good measure.... he lets out a yawn... ahhh time for breakfast... proceeds to color up and leave.

Wasted my time, wasted the pits time, wasted the dealers time, and brought all that attention for absolutely nothing.

BJC

Edit: and by pissing off the pit he probably earned 0.20 cents in comp points

Last edited:

bjcount

Thunder said:
I'm going to go against the popular opinion here and recommend that people buy in for a good amount. Reason being is that half of the time when you buy in for more, the dealer will yell, "200" or something but the pitboss never bothers to insert that into the computer thus making it seem over the long haul that you're winning a lot more than you really are in their eyes.
Since this applies to those using players cards only, remember this phrase when the pit manager finally walks over minutes later, " Excuse me but did you put me in for the other $xxx I just bought in for?".

Usually they confirm it with the dealer and then enter it. Meanwhile you've rat holed some chips along the way and the pit presumes you are losing.

BJC

moo321

bjcount said:
Since this applies to those using players cards only, remember this phrase when the pit manager finally walks over minutes later, " Excuse me but did you put me in for the other $xxx I just bought in for?".

Usually they confirm it with the dealer and then enter it. Meanwhile you've rat holed some chips along the way and the pit presumes you are losing.

BJC
I do this too. Make sure they get your buy-ins.

Thunder

moo321 said:
I do this too. Make sure they get your buy-ins.
Flash, I wasn't exaggeratingwhen I said half the time they fail to put in my rebuys. The pitbosses just don't seem to care and that was confirmed again on my last trip.

Never ever ever for any reason every buy in for 2 grand at a table and then never bet more than 10-30 a hand. Saw this happen once. Boy did that cause quite a commotion in the pit.