Card Counting Practice Site

UK Counter said:
This is quite something, the way you've put it all together so fast and it works so well. The distractions are very annoying !! Which they should be :laugh:
I'm very glad people are liking it. Frankly, it's due to the input from everyone here that the app has grown as much as it has in the past several days. Please keep the feedback coming as it will only help. STILL working on the multiple card dealing.

What's happening??

What's happening now Afro? You giving up, or are you still working on the two card dealing? Anyhow, it's a great site, don't just quit on it. Thanks :grin:

-Fenner-

Mr. Fenner said:
What's happening now Afro? You giving up, or are you still working on the two card dealing? Anyhow, it's a great site, don't just quit on it. Thanks :grin:
Sorry for the delay - not giving up, don't worry. I'm close to the next version of the site. Already got color coordination and a custom strategy option created. Now still working on the dual card dealing scenario. Should be ready in the next day or two. Thanks for using!

Alright, here's the latest updates. As the list of features in any application grows, so to does the potential for bugs. That said, please let me know of any problems you encounter while using the app. Much Appreciated.

• Color Coordination: I have been told many counters use color to visually represent a positive or negative count. If you choose to display the count as the cards are dealt, the count will now display red for negative, green for positive, and blue for zero counts.
  • Custom Strategies: I seem to encounter more and more counting strategies every day. Instead of trying to list every single one, I have added the ability to enter your own values for each card, and run the app with them.
  • Dual Cards: You may now choose to display one or two cards at the same time. Even with two cards, still, only one card is dealt at a time, merely it shows the current dealt, as well as the previous card dealt.
  • Card "shimmy": This one might be controversial. I realized that when counting multiple decks, it is possible that the exact same card may be dealt back to back. Previously, since the cards would just appear, were that to happen it would not be noticeable - it would appear as if no card was dealt at all. I played around with different ways of indicating a card had been dealt. This indicator must be the same for all available dealing speeds. At the fastest speed (20), a card is dealt every 1/5 of a second. This means any indication would have to appear and disappear within that time frame to get ready for the next one. No dealing animation I could come up with would be able to do that without slowing down the whole system. My solution is to simply offset each dealt card by a few pixels. At high speeds, it gives the decks a shimmying look, but I think they're still easy to read and process. I'd definitely like to hear feedback on this one.

Thanks again to all that are enjoying the site!

Sorry, I don;t recommend. Maybe because I only used them a few times and couldn't get a feel for the count. Buy 6-8 decks of cards, chips, and set up a card table and play the game at home. Not as fast I guess, but offers hands on approach to the game.

This is a great site! It has helped me a great deal and I love being able to sneak onto it at work and practice my counting heh heh heh. One thing I would like to see is a Spanish 21 option...remove all 10's from the deck and start the count at -24 for 6 decks -32 for 8 decks. Or perhaps a customizable option so you can remove whatever cards you want from the decks and set the count to begin at whatever number you want. Not sure if it is a pain in the butt but would be helpful.

Thanks for making a great site!

TheApprentice

Learner's take...

afrograff said:
Alright, here's the latest updates. As the list of features in any application grows, so to does the potential for bugs. That said, please let me know of any problems you encounter while using the app. Much Appreciated.

• Color Coordination: I have been told many counters use color to visually represent a positive or negative count. If you choose to display the count as the cards are dealt, the count will now display red for negative, green for positive, and blue for zero counts.
  • Custom Strategies: I seem to encounter more and more counting strategies every day. Instead of trying to list every single one, I have added the ability to enter your own values for each card, and run the app with them.
  • Dual Cards: You may now choose to display one or two cards at the same time. Even with two cards, still, only one card is dealt at a time, merely it shows the current dealt, as well as the previous card dealt.
  • Card "shimmy": This one might be controversial. I realized that when counting multiple decks, it is possible that the exact same card may be dealt back to back. Previously, since the cards would just appear, were that to happen it would not be noticeable - it would appear as if no card was dealt at all. I played around with different ways of indicating a card had been dealt. This indicator must be the same for all available dealing speeds. At the fastest speed (20), a card is dealt every 1/5 of a second. This means any indication would have to appear and disappear within that time frame to get ready for the next one. No dealing animation I could come up with would be able to do that without slowing down the whole system. My solution is to simply offset each dealt card by a few pixels. At high speeds, it gives the decks a shimmying look, but I think they're still easy to read and process. I'd definitely like to hear feedback on this one.

Thanks again to all that are enjoying the site!
This is one of the most useful tools I've seen while researching my CC MO.

I would like to second(or is it third, or maybe eigth) the sugestion that it really needs two cards to flop at one time to realistically give a challenge to the manually flipping cards yourself practicing method. I am trying to use the two card method and getting jumbled between which one was the first and second cards. Although, maybe this is practice itself for the pace and movement of a real table, eh?

Also, there should be an option of setting an Initial Running Count as the starting point, esp for example with unbalanced like the KO system.

Also, any chance of getting the system to recognize Red 7's and add that to the list of choices, since the customizable feature, albeit quite cool, can't set up a Red 7 simulation right now.

Awesome work though, from a learner's perspective.

Mimosine

i think this is great! i just found it!

ZG's idea of multiple cards is good for sure!
many practice at home dealing 1,2,3, or even 4 cards at a time.

is there a way you could "flop" multiple cards at once, rather than your current one card at a time?

as for the IRC request, this might be easy or tough to build in, but is completely UNNECESSARY. for those using a different IRC, just add that number to the true count (for unbalanced systems) and then you can check to see if you are off (using the number in your head).

jay28

Flop 2 then BS

Any chance you can have an option to flop two cards at once then deal following cards as it would be played by BS?

thanks for the site.

however,

why on earth can't you deal two cards at the same time, and take them both away at the same time while showing the next two cards?

the dealing one card at a time thing confuses me.

(and should i be practicing counting 3 and 4 cards at once?)

Andy

jay28

TC Error

Unless your keeping a side count of how many cards have been played it's impossible to do a TC converstion, could you display either how many deck/cards have been played or how many left?

Also your TC converstion is incorrect when you have less than one deck in play,

A RC of 5 with half a deck left is a TC of 10 not 5?

Thanks