carrying money to vegas

21forme

iwantblackjack said:
This might be a silly question... has anyone thought of just getting a check when leaving vegas? or, arranging marker before trip?
I did that once - not Vegas but somewhere else I was on vacation and didn't want to carry a lot of cash.

Kasi

suicyco maniac said:
...even when carrying 6 figures. You can legally carry as much $ on a domestic flight as you want but I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle if an agent noticed it.
I think I've read that carrying large amounts of cash can be presumptive evidence of drug activity and can give police the right to confiscate it. Even if they find no drugs and you are not arrested. At least the Federal Court of Appeals held up the confiscation under those circumstances for a guy in a rental car.

You always hear how like 90% of the bills in USA have coke residue on them. Probably urban myth lol.

I think I read somewhere, maybe it was Ian Anderson, always carried a letter from his lawyer explaining the purpose of the cash to hopefully avoid problems.

What hassles might you envision if they happened to find 6 figures of cash on your person? None of my beeswax but may I ask is there any reason you prefer carrying that much cash compared to, say, traveler's checks, markers, credit lines etc?

Of course my main question is what game do you play with a 6 figure trip roll :grin: