Count-bet Camouflage Gambits

Cover with +EV

Aslan you dont really believe those progressions are break even on nuetral counts (TC 0). The progression magnifies whatever the HE is. At TC 0 the house still has an edge. If you are looking for cover side count 7 or 9. The odd plays that would generate will have them scratching their head. Even better side count a pair of numbers like 2 and 7, 3 and 8, or 4 and 9. When one of these go out of balance it really affects the play in certain hand match ups. They will never figure out that the stupid moves you are making have a positive EV.

aslan

tthree said:
Aslan you dont really believe those progressions are break even on nuetral counts (TC 0). The progression magnifies whatever the HE is. At TC 0 the house still has an edge. If you are looking for cover side count 7 or 9. The odd plays that would generate will have them scratching their head. Even better side count a pair of numbers like 2 and 7, 3 and 8, or 4 and 9. When one of these go out of balance it really affects the play in certain hand match ups. They will never figure out that the stupid moves you are making have a positive EV.
True, but they are near enough break even for occasional usage.

Thunder

Do you guys believe that is better to start making camouflage plays right away or wait until you start getting heat? Generally I prefer waiting until I'm actually getting heat because then in their eyes I'm a bad player and the heat might subside.

aslan

Thunder said:
Do you guys believe that is better to start making camouflage plays right away or wait until you start getting heat? Generally I prefer waiting until I'm actually getting heat because then in their eyes I'm a bad player and the heat might subside.
I play the same spots over and over, so I don't like the idea that they can pull up tape coverage from before they were watching and use it to evaluate my game. Consequently, I play as if the eye is watching me from the moment I sit down to the moment I get up, and then some. I incorporate my special kinds of camo from the outset, and it is never the same-- I sort of play it by instinct.