Counting System

BigT

Hi guys, another noob question I'm afraid. I have tried to do some research but it's all very poor info or talks in highly mathematical terms which just confuses me. I've been reading alot about KO and ho-lo being the most popular for 6d games but i don't get the difference between then. when i first started I used KO and after switching to hi-lo I have really noticed any difference whatsoever. I was thinking, th drawback with KO is that a high count appears very quickly so you would bet high but you don't really have much of an advantage so you would be overbetting whereas hi-lo has the opposite problem where you sometimes sit whole shoes playing the min. Surely there is another system that is like the middle ground where you aren't overbetting early in the game and not sitting out for ages. I read hi-lo opt is very good but its for 2d games and I've yet to see a game that isn't 6d so it's pretty useless to me.

Since you're already on KO, check out the BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5 link below. I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to deal with deck estimation and true count conversion.

I used to use KO with the Color of Blackjack. But I felt something was missing. I agree with you; KO does get you overbetting too early. I then switched to BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5, and I am glad I did.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=6996

Southpaw

I may be wrong as this is the opposite of what you two are suggesting, but isn't it the case that KO underestimates player edge early in the shoe, but overestimates the player edge late in the shoe?

Spaw

BigT

Southpaw said:
I may be wrong as this is the opposite of what you two are suggesting, but isn't it the case that KO underestimates player edge early in the shoe, but overestimates the player edge late in the shoe?

Spaw
I'm not sure, i remember it was one of the two which either way isn't very good

Southpaw said:

Spaw
Southpaw, with regards to saying KO having you push out max bets too early, I don’t have any empirical data to back that up: It’s all anecdotal. Based on personal experience, I feel that BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5 keeps me out of trouble more than KO. With BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5, whenever I push out my max bets, I feel good and confident about it. Whereas with KO, there was this lingering second thought about it most of the time. Perhaps, it’s because I lost more max bets than won under KO.

BigT said:
I was thinking, th drawback with KO is that a high count appears very quickly so you would bet high but you don't really have much of an advantage so you would be overbetting whereas hi-lo has the opposite problem where you sometimes sit whole shoes playing the min.
I've found that a sustained significant advantage comes about once in four shoes. I am not surprised that you bet min for whole shoes some of the time. You just don't always get an advantage in a shoe. The key is to have a system that best recognizes when and how much your advantage is while making the most accurate playing decisions. There are plenty of counts that are better than either of the 2 you mentioned at this well rounded assault on the game.