counting video blackjack

hey,

this is my first post here and i was just curious if it is possible to count card with video blackjack

at my local club they have a set up with four stations with 4 screens and touch screens. so with it you sit down, insert your money in and then you play blackjack from there

i was just wondering if it is possible to count the deck from this, i have only started counting this week and havent had a chance to look go to the club and since i was there last i didnt notice if it made mention of the a new deck(s).

so yea does anyone know if it is possible or what?

thanks

Sonny

It depends on how often they shuffle the cards. If the machine shuffles the cards after every hand then you cannot count the cards. Even if they deal out 50% of the cards before shuffling, the profit potential is limited. The most important factor is how deep the game is dealt.

I believe most machines shuffle after every hand. There are some that don't but I don't think they indicate when they are shuffling (which is very important information).

-Sonny-

shadroch

The only ones I know of that you may be able to dedect the shuffle is the big model with five or so virtual dealers. These use 6 decks and deal approx. 2/3 of the cards.An afternoon of observation indicated the dealers changed around the 205-210 mark so I tried starting a fresh count whenever the dealer changed. Results were mixed, but thats to be expected.

shadroch said:
The only ones I know of that you may be able to dedect the shuffle is the big model with five or so virtual dealers. These use 6 decks and deal approx. 2/3 of the cards.An afternoon of observation indicated the dealers changed around the 205-210 mark so I tried starting a fresh count whenever the dealer changed. Results were mixed, but thats to be expected.
I think those are the Shufflemasters videos ...

they DO state 2/3 pen. At least at Hoosier Park ...

Do we know for sure the new dealer starts a new shoe ??

cause enquiring minds wanna know ....

Mimosine

there is a second game that is countable. i forget the name, but it is a regular bj table with 6 video screens installed where you would typically bet. you place your bet there, and see your hand played out there. other peoples hands show up on your screen as they play so you can count right along without looking around. pen was about 66%. machines claimed that house could set any rules they wanted. i didn't play them because the cash in cash out systems was really stupid, requiring a human being to do it for you.....

Mimosine said:
there is a second game that is countable. i forget the name, but it is a regular bj table with 6 video screens installed where you would typically bet. you place your bet there, and see your hand played out there. other peoples hands show up on your screen as they play so you can count right along without looking around. pen was about 66%. machines claimed that house could set any rules they wanted. i didn't play them because the cash in cash out systems was really stupid, requiring a human being to do it for you.....
Yes I know those tables, They are called DigiDeals. Hoosier park has those and the Shufflemasters. At one time the DigiDeals were using more favorable rules ... DAS ... split up to 4 ... and I think I even saw people hitting more than once on split aces !!

The Shufflemasters there were no DAS ... no resplits ...

However in another post inthe midwestforum someone said they had changed them to more unfavorable ...

I have not been there lately so could not say ....

Do the Shufflemasters start a new shoe when the dealer changes ???

Anyone know for sure ???