CSM Invasion - Moheghan Sun, Wilkes-Barre

BookerPA

Moheghan Sun in Wilkes-Barre, PA has installed CSM's at a majority of their tables. Eight vs four in the smoking section; three vs five in the non-smoking. During my morning session, there was no action at the CSM's in the smoking session, and the short evening session had two CSM tables in play. All $10 tables.

As an aside, the morning session produced a plus 280 with no significant favorable counts. At about 6:00 p.m., I received a call from a friend who wanted to play. Not wanting to disappoint him because he is unable to drive at the present time, back in the car and to the store.

I waited until a seat opened and my friend, against my advice, proceeded to open up a CSM table. After the second hand, the count is an amazing +16, and I spread to $150 in two spots, one of which was vacated by third base who had been playing two. BJ, BJ and dealer is showing an ACE; I take even money and she turns over a BJ. The count is still +11. First spot produces 9,9 and the second spot 20 against a dealer 9. Split and doubled one of the nines to 19 and the other totals to 17. Third base alien doubles a hard 15 and draws the attention of the PC. Dealer breaks. I color up because of the now two PC's hovering because of the crackpot at third base.

BookerPA

Sharky, REKO, 6D, about one deck cut, but, thanks, you just called something to my attention. Forgot to start at -20; seeing the CSM's, second trip of the day after a lil work and being very tired, a lil lapse in concentration. Goes to show you, the BJ gods sometimes take care of us dummies. Was excited about all the low tickets flying out. :laugh:

BookerPA

Was told by dealers and PC that they deal two hands, and after two hands the four decks are reshuffled. I had never seen machines like this before, having spent most of my playing time in AC. I'm familiar with automatic shufflers as opposed to shoes being hand shuffled, which is what the dealers do at the tables without CSM.

ArcticInferno

CSM = continuous shuffle machine
ASM = automatic shuffle machine.
ASM is a time-saving device, so that the dealers don’t have to shuffle by hand.
ASM helps us because we don’t waste time watching the dealer shuffle.
CSM shuffles the entire shoe after only a few hands, so we avoid them.
You were counting at CMS???!!! LOL!!!

BookerPA

AI, I should have been more specific, but I waited for a seat at one of the tables that didn't have a CSM while my inpatient friend opened up a table with a CSM. These are CSM's that are utilized after a couple hands, as was stated also in another post. There are no ASM's at MS. Today I was informed that the reason they installed the CSM's is because the very inexperienced dealers were averaging almost a half hour per shoe, well above the expected 12 to 15 mins per shoe.

BTW, what is a "CMS" or did you mistakenly make an error when you constructed you post?

aslan

BookerPA said:
Sharky, REKO, 6D, about one deck cut, but, thanks, you just called something to my attention. Forgot to start at -20; seeing the CSM's, second trip of the day after a lil work and being very tired, a lil lapse in concentration. Goes to show you, the BJ gods sometimes take care of us dummies. Was excited about all the low tickets flying out. :laugh:
So really it was -4 at KO which is past the Key Count and should be getting a bet of maybe 2 units on average, but maybe 7 or 8 units with 5 decks remaining. You may have been over-betting it slightly, but you were in positive territory, around +2.4 TC as I understand KO.

BookerPA said:
Was told by dealers and PC that they deal two hands, and after two hands the four decks are reshuffled. I had never seen machines like this before, having spent most of my playing time in AC. I'm familiar with automatic shufflers as opposed to shoes being hand shuffled, which is what the dealers do at the tables without CSM.
OK, then what did you mean by the following statement:
"I waited until a seat opened and my friend, against my advice, proceeded to open up a CSM table. After the second hand, the count is an amazing +16, and I spread to $150 in two spots,..."

Edit: All right, I finished reading the rest of the thread and now I understand.

MS-Pocono dealers were very, very slow.

Last edited:

aslan

BookerPA said:
Wait a minute. Now some are saying you mean ASM. With ASM they don't deal two hands and then reshuffle; that sounds like a CSM. If the count were to shift dramatically positive, it could be taken advantage of, for instance, if 20 of the first 24 cards were small cards, and 4 were tens, similar to what you described. But that rarely happens, as you know.

The other thing is, you just stated that they reshuffle the 4 decks. Is this a typo? Originally, I thought you said it was 6-deck. I don't mean to bust your chops, just get some clarity. :laugh:

BookerPA

Hey, Aslan, should have been a lil clearer. I didn't play at a CSM table; I waited for a seat at a hand-shuffled table, 6D. My friend opened up a CSM table and he was informed they only use four decks. There are no ASM machines in use at this facility, only CSM's, and the reasoning, so I was told, was that the dealers are very inexperienced, which I can vouch for, and are averaging up to a half hour to deal a 6D shoe and management wants the time reduced to 12 to 16 mins, thus CSM's to deal more hands per hour. Hope this clarifies the situation.