CVBJ Journal - 6:5 Single Deck

ohbehave

Just for fun. Since I started hot. I want to see where this goes. Thought you might enjoy the ride.

Rules:

6:5 blackjack payoff
No RSA, Resplit non aces to 4 hands, H17
4 rounds to 2 players, myself and a random computer player

Strategy:

Count strategy : Rather not say but its a level 2, straight counting with Ace side count
Spread : 1:8
Cover :
1 or 2 Units OTT
If count goes south stay at initial bet until a loss
Don't raise the bet more than double the previous bet, exception for "steam" bets
Never change a bet after a push
Occasional "steam" bet after a loss, up to 4x previous bet

1327 hands

Last edited:

ohbehave

Graph in OP updated... 970 hands.

Please know I have enough BJ experience to know that the outcome of a few hundred or even a few thousand hands has basically no statistical significance but I do have reason for doing this, even if its only for myself.

I've been away from BJ for a number of months and although I am back at the tables a few hours a week I'm also spending a couple of hours each day honing my skills with CVBJ.

I'm practicing on a variety of games conditions, including the 6:5 just for fun, and the pretty graphs in CVBJ help one understand many of the nuances of the game and get back a lot of the feel for the game that I've lost since being away.

It is good being back playing BJ and back on this forum.

ohbehave

Graph updated... 1327 hands
Win rate has been holding steady at around 1.5-2%
One betting pattern that I changed was always betting 2 units off the top. I began mixing that up with only 1 unit.

Last edited:

BrianCP

This count seems non ace reckoned! I have an idea if it happens to be a well known counting method, but due to your secrecy I doubt it is.

On topic, it is cool to know that CVBJ can do such janky custom games, I can't wait to get my hands on it (thought I must until I find gainful employment).