DD Count Systems

Hi Everyone!
I have been counting pitch games now for 3 years. It has been a lot of fun and fairly profitable. I have been using hi-lo, but believe there is probably a better count system to use specificially for DD. Can someone please point me in the correct direction. Thank you so much!:grin:

iCountNTrack

MentorZQ said:
Hi Everyone!
I have been counting pitch games now for 3 years. It has been a lot of fun and fairly profitable. I have been using hi-lo, but believe there is probably a better count system to use specificially for DD. Can someone please point me in the correct direction. Thank you so much!:grin:
Hi-Opt II , Zen, Mentor

BrianCP

Well, it would probably be Hi Opt II with an ace side count.....but it isn't easy. The ace side count is the important part (from what I have heard) about DD games, you just position your feet (or something else you can remember) based on the number of aces dealt out and use that info to vary your bets and such. I believe the book containing the info about HI Opt is "The World's Greatest Blackjack Book" (as seen in the Hangover).

I would wait for more experienced member to reply before going with this advice though, I could be totally wrong here.

I own The World's Greatest Blackjack Book and Humble disccuses Hi Opt I, not II. Does anyone know another book or place i can find indicies?

Another newbie question for you all:
Should my betting patterns change by using a differnet count system. I currently use an variation of Schlesinger's reccomended count of:

+1 - 1x min bet
+2 - 2x min bet
+3 - 4x min bet
+4 -6x min bet
+5+ - 2 hands of 6x min bet or 8x (depending on number of players at the table)

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

iCountNTrack

There is really no need to buy this book, all you need are the tags and indices which you can find available many places online. I would recommend a newer book like Modern Blackjack which is a new book that is more up to date with today's games.

iCountNTrack said:
There is really no need to buy this book, all you need are the tags and indices which you can find available many places online. I would recommend a newer book like Modern Blackjack which is a new book that is more up to date with today's games.
Thanks a bunch man! You have been a huge help!!!!