deviations from BS

laserjet

Does anyone know approximately what percentage of hands a counter deviates from BS? 1 deck, 2 decks, 6 decks? Thanks for your time.

laserjet said:
Does anyone know approximately what percentage of hands a counter deviates from BS? 1 deck, 2 decks, 6 decks? Thanks for your time.
Depends on the game, what count you use, wonging style and the penetration. I could figure it out but it is rather meaningless so it is not worth the effort.

Canceler

For what it's worth, which isn't much, when I used to play the BS Trainer a lot, it would say I was 97 or 98 percent correct on my BS. The ones I got "wrong" were the index plays.

laserjet

I'll revise my question. Assuming the Zen count or other good level 2 count, no wonging, penetration of 60% for 1 deck, 75% for 2 deck, and 80% for 6 deck, what would be the percentage of deviations? Thanks again.

NAP

laserjet said:
I'll revise my question. Assuming the Zen count or other good level 2 count, no wonging, penetration of 60% for 1 deck, 75% for 2 deck, and 80% for 6 deck, what would be the percentage of deviations? Thanks again.
Using full indices?

Friendo

Canceler said:
For what it's worth, which isn't much, when I used to play the BS Trainer a lot, it would say I was 97 or 98 percent correct on my BS. The ones I got "wrong" were the index plays.
If you put a captive-bolt pistol to my head, I'd guess 97%.

For shoe games - assuming Wonging - nearly all of the deviations consist of:

1. 16 v 10 hit/stand
  2. 15 v 10 surrender
  3. 14 v 10 surrender
  4. 16 v A hit/stand (if S17, surrender is bigger)
  5. 12 v 4 hit/stand
  6. 12 v 3 hit/stand
  7. 13 v 2 hit/stand
  8. 15 v 10 hit/stand (assuming no surrender)
  9. 17 v A surrender (H17 only)
  10. 11 v A double
  11. 8 v 6 double
  12. 10 v 10 double

Beyond this, the index plays get rare: A-9 v 6 might come up 3 times in 100 hours.