Diamond Blackjack

what do you think about this game?
the rules here http://www.betvoyager.com/games/blackjack/diamond/
The main feature of this game is an option to double or, conversely, surrender with any number of cards in the player’s hand. Another feature relates to payouts for blackjack. When both cards are diamonds, blackjack pays at least 2:1. All other blackjacks pay even money. The player blackjack always wins; this doesn’t depend on the dealer’s cards.

What house edge has this game?

sabre

The option to double or surrender on any number of cards, plus 2:1 payout on BJ for diamonds, plus win tied BJ, doesn't come close to making up the loss of the 1:1 payout on all other blackjacks.

I'd say this adds at least 1.5% to the house edge. Look at wizardofodds.com to get an exact number

StudiodeKadent

They have a variant with zero house edge (!). Its pretty fun too (you can play for free).

Oh, and you have early surrender against aces. Its 6 decks, 66% penetration and countable too.

SO....

Taking standard liberal Vegas rules house edge of 0.28% as the starting template..

ESA: +0.39%
DA#: +0.23%
Double Down Rescue (player may surrender after doubling down): +0.10%
Suited Diamond BJ 2-1: +0.118% (using Shackleford's figure for Suited BJ and dividing by 4... inexact I'm sorry).
Player Wins BJ Ties: +0.32%
Surrender Any Time: I don't know, but there would obviously be a benefit here. Indeterminate benefit

non-Diamonds BJ pays 1-1: (the fraction of Blackjacks that AREN'T suited diamonds)*(-2.27%)
European No Hole Card: -0.11%

Additionally there will be interaction effects somewhere. I'm a terrible mathematician I'm afraid.

The house edge on this game will be probably around 0.5%, guestimation. There is a zero-house edge version though (same rules but with higher payouts). And its fun!