Discussion, Griffin book

In 'The THEORY of BLACKJACK' (Griffin, 5th edition, 1996) page 138 you read: (see attached Image)

If the statement is true, would that mean if the guy to my right wins his hand; I would be less likely to win mine?

Attachments

Zero

picasso said:
In 'The THEORY of BLACKJACK' (Griffin, 5th edition, 1996) page 138 you read: (see attached Image)

If the statement is true, would that mean if the guy to my right wins his hand; I would be less likely to win mine?
The statement is not referring to the player before you, it's referring to your previous hand (unless there's a shuffle). I'll reserve comment on the math(?) behind thinking you're more likely to not win the next hand after a winning one.

LIB

Yes
1.) The implication is that winning hands are more likely to use good cards, consequently more likely to decrease the count.

No
1.) "... humongous computer simulation of basic strategy play."
BS can be varied assuming it is done correctly. No guarantee that the guy next to you played BS.
2.) He ran the thing for a single deck.
3.) This is irrelevant to card counters.
See #1 above for Yes.
4.) If you're considering "winning" the hand you have at the moment, thus discounting double downs, you might actually have a better chance of winning seeing that you won't bust as often. If you're looking at a win rate, I would imagine that this could easily be negated if not overcome by playing faster.
5.) This focused on a betting strategy. The only ramification that I can think of is side counting results. If told with a smile, the idea would be a joke. If told with a serious face, the speaker would be a joke.

Last edited:

bj bob

moo321 said:
When you said "Griffin book" I thought we were talking about something else...
Yeah, I had the same thought as well. Big difference between Griffin Book and Griffin's book.