does other people playing at the same table as you can it affect you long term result

I strongly believe firmly a individual can actually get better results in the long run if they actually play by themselves vs group play. Especially if people are playing absolutely retarded by not understanding basic play yet also giving game advice.

HockeXpert

sickcalla said:
I strongly believe firmly a individual can actually get better results in the long run if they actually play by themselves vs group play. Especially if people are playing absolutely retarded by not understanding basic play yet also giving game advice.
I hate to burst your bubble but other players' actions at the table have no effect whatsoever on the outcomes of the hands you receive. The only effect other players have on you is that they slow the game down. This is great for ploppies and bs players but bad for AP's.

Yes, you get 33% less hands per hour with just one other ploppy. For double deck, they cut your penetration in half. You cannot win at a full table for single/double deck. I need to play heads up if possible, and if someone joins me, I will leave for another empty table. Or I will ask if they will leave if I split tens, then I split the next minimum bet twenty and hope they get the hint. It's worth the sacrifice to get hours of heads up play.

Gamblor

Yes they do. Was heads up with the dealer, count was moderately high. I was spread to two hands. Another player joins, and gets 3 BJs in a row, while I get nothing but hard 12s and 14s and bust most of them and the shoe ends.

;)

prankster

Gamblor said:
Yes they do. Was heads up with the dealer, count was moderately high. I was spread to two hands. Another player joins, and gets 3 BJs in a row, while I get nothing but hard 12s and 14s and bust most of them and the shoe ends.

;)
So if after the new player got there you got all the blackjacks you'd have said he helped you?:joker::laugh::eek:

bigplayer

sickcalla said:
On an individual round basis how others play has zero effect on you. Other players do eat up the positive and negative rounds faster thus they help you when the count is negative and hurt you when the count is positive. Since you bet more in positive counts than negative counts, the net effect of other players is quite negative on your overall win rate. They also slow the game down and speed is one of your greatest weapons. It not only allows you to win more in a set time period but allows you to get though the big shoes much faster reducing the chance that you'll get backed off or shuffled up mid-shoe when the count is really good.

More players also mean more bets off the top of a fresh shuffle...especially at single and double deck games. Since most people bet more than 1 unit at the shuffle this is particularly costly.

I am sorry to say but Playing with other players such as ploppies has been nothing but negative experience for me. Here is one experience I could remember off top of my head. I was playing at a table with 40% pen in a 6 deck game.. count was pus 12 true count plus 3. So I raised my spread from 10 dollars to 50 dollars made blackjack than the stupid ploppy who was losing all night had to OPEN HIS MOUTH AND SAY YOU KNOW DEALER I THINK THIS GUY IS CARDCOUNTING. I almost wanted to tell him to shut the F up. Serously talk about not only being a sore loser but being a RAT as well. I can't even describe how many times this nerve biting experience happnes to me. I seriously feel that if I do not want cover blown in the future I should just play alone.

I don't know if my other AP players experience this tremendous lack of respect, but for me to have my cover blown like that and who knows the guy could be so backstabbing he could even rat me out to the pitboss.

Thunder

alwayssplitaces said:
Yes, you get 33% less hands per hour with just one other ploppy. For double deck, they cut your penetration in half. You cannot win at a full table for single/double deck. I need to play heads up if possible, and if someone joins me, I will leave for another empty table. Or I will ask if they will leave if I split tens, then I split the next minimum bet twenty and hope they get the hint. It's worth the sacrifice to get hours of heads up play.
May I suggest you use a less costly deviation from bs such as hitting 12 vs dealer 6 or something. I'm sure they will find that equally revolting.

Thunder

sickcalla said:
I am sorry to say but Playing with other players such as ploppies has been nothing but negative experience for me. Here is one experience I could remember off top of my head. I was playing at a table with 40% pen in a 6 deck game.. count was pus 12 true count plus 3. So I raised my spread from 10 dollars to 50 dollars made blackjack than the stupid ploppy who was losing all night had to OPEN HIS MOUTH AND SAY YOU KNOW DEALER I THINK THIS GUY IS CARDCOUNTING. I almost wanted to tell him to shut the F up. Serously talk about not only being a sore loser but being a RAT as well. I can't even describe how many times this nerve biting experience happnes to me. I seriously feel that if I do not want cover blown in the future I should just play alone.

I don't know if my other AP players experience this tremendous lack of respect, but for me to have my cover blown like that and who knows the guy could be so backstabbing he could even rat me out to the pitboss.
I for one would be curious to know what would compel you to count a 6 deck game with 40% pen? Instead of reacting the way you did, you need to think of a quick line to say like I wish I was as smart as Rainman or "If I were as bad of a player as you, it would probably seem that way." That would then get him to then leave the table and give you heads up opportunities.