Early Surrender

I have a question about Early surrender for you guys...

It comes down to when the dealer has an ace...
Whenever I surrender and the dealer has an ace they place the surrender chip on top of my cards and then wait to see if the dealer has a natural BJ...if he does then we all lose.

I'm playing with ENHC rules and they usually have all players lose with dealer natural. Jus wondering does this count as Full Early Surrender or early surrender vs 10.

Thanks

bj21abc

It's not ESA since there you still get your surrender even if dealer has a natural. I presume that in your game if you surrender against a 10 you get your surrender even if the dealer has a natural ?

This sounds like ES10 + LSA (Late Surrender Ace....), so play ES BS/indices for 8,9 and 10 upcards - but LS BS/indices with an Ace up.

D.

Last edited:

moo321

Sounds like ES 10, if it's ES at all. Do they take all if you surrender vs. a ten and the dealer has a blackjack?

FLASH1296

ES10 is good to have, but it is not much better than L.S.; as most of the (intense) power of

E.S. is derived from escaping the dealer's BJ's and other powerful hands containing an Ace up.

StudiodeKadent

FLASH1296 said:

ES10 is good to have, but it is not much better than L.S.; as most of the (intense) power of

E.S. is derived from escaping the dealer's BJ's and other powerful hands containing an Ace up.
I know you're talking from an AP perspective, but ES10 is substantially better than LS... ES10 is (ceteris paribus) 0.16% better than simply LS.

You are completely correct that ESA is MUCH better than ES10, however. But ES10 is nothing to be sneezed at.