Even money v. Insurance

Lowrider

The High Lo index for insurance is +3 which is how I play.

However, what do you do when you have a natural and the dealer has an Ace up with the count +3 or more? I've been buying insurance and refusing even money but I think that is the wrong play?

Shouldn't you take even money in this instance and forget about insurance?

21gunsalute

Let's say you have a $100 bet in the circle. If you take even money you get paid $100. If you take insurance you put another $50 out. If the dealer has Blackjack you get paid $100 and get your $50 back. Your Blackjack pushes. The net result is the same, for 3:2 games anyway.

mjbballar23

Lowrider said:
The High Lo index for insurance is +3 which is how I play.

However, what do you do when you have a natural and the dealer has an Ace up with the count +3 or more? I've been buying insurance and refusing even money but I think that is the wrong play?

Shouldn't you take even money in this instance and forget about insurance?
I think if you thought REALLY hard about what goes on when you take insurance vs. even money you would be able to answer your own question. (hint: what is the net result in each instance?) :laugh:

shadroch

mjbballar23 said:
I think if you thought REALLY hard about what goes on when you take insurance vs. even money you would be able to answer your own question. (hint: what is the net result in each instance?) :laugh:
Are you using RFID chips that count every dollar bet?