Ever toss another player a chip to stay out of a shoe?

21forme

I was recently playing a shoe heads up. The count was huge and there was probably a deck left. Another player sat down and I asked him to wait. He agreed initially, then after a few hands pushed a bet into the circle. I asked him to continue to wait and tossed him a red chip. That seemed to work for a few more hands, but then he complained it was only $5, a small fraction of what I was betting :eek:

paddywhack

21forme said:
I was recently playing a shoe heads up. The count was huge and there was probably a deck left. Another player sat down and I asked him to wait. He agreed initially, then after a few hands pushed a bet into the circle. I asked him to continue to wait and tossed him a red chip. That seemed to work for a few more hands, but then he complained it was only $5, a small fraction of what I was betting :eek:
One of those astute ploppies, eh? What'll you pay me to stay out?

I've had nice ones sit and wait it out while I'm pounding away :grin: and others that'll sit for a second and then want part of the action. :(

Never tried to pay one off but I'll have to remember that.

Koz1984

I was once given $300 by a stranger to bet with whilst he went to the toilet. Before he came back his wife just told me to take it and leave, as he'd gamble it away. So I did.

irobinson

Koz1984 said:
I was once given $300 by a stranger to bet with whilst he went to the toilet. Before he came back his wife just told me to take it and leave, as he'd gamble it away. So I did.
Well, that's one way to leave up.

I usually ask them to wait or if they really want to bet, I ask them to back-bet me since I don't want to ruin the "flow". If the count's negative, I let them play heads up, using the "flow" excuse.

21forme said:
You can do a value analysis of when its correct. Some of us have bought seats from ploppies, too. zg

Renzey

21forme said:
Just suggest that he add his bets to your hands because you're "on a run", and that will preserve the good flow.

And if he still won't stay out, claim that the flow is messed up, and the only way to restore it is for you to play as many hands as possible, that way he gets less % of the cards remaining than if you only played 1 hand.