Formula Questions

hello to everyone in the forum!

You are all amazing ...keep up the good work!thanks for all the info etc provided.
I was hoping someone could help me with some questions:
1) If I had say a count per deck of 6...Meaning I would bet 5 units...Is it ok to go ahead and bet 5 units on say 2 or three hands?

2) could someone explain Standard Deviation and the formula to get to it?

3)The same for: EV and,

4)win rate formula?,

5)Risk of Ruin formula?

Thanks for your time,and answers to help me improve my game.
Happy counting!

callipygian

quicklearner said:
1) If I had say a count per deck of 6...Meaning I would bet 5 units...Is it ok to go ahead and bet 5 units on say 2 or three hands?
Betting 5 units on 2 hands would be a 10 unit bet. Usually, 5 units will refer to the total units on the felt - 5 units on one hand, or 2 & 3 on two hands.

If the true count (count per deck) is +6, you should be betting more than 5 units if you're playing through all the negative counts.

quicklearner said:
2) could someone explain Standard Deviation and the formula to get to it?
Standard deviation is a mathematical term; you can look it up in a mathematical textbook, or in Wikipedia, which has a nice entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

quicklearner said:
3)The same for: EV
(Expected Value) = (Probability of Win)*(Amount of Win) - (Probability of Loss)*(Amount of Loss)

quicklearner said:
4)win rate formula?,
(Win Rate) = (Expected Value) * (Hands per hour)

quicklearner said:
5)Risk of Ruin formula?
This one is a little tricky, and someone with a more math-intensive background can answer it more thoroughly, but you can estimate risk of ruin from standard deviation, expected value, and bankroll. You are ruined when:

(Bankroll) + (Expected Value)*(Number of Hands) - sigma*(Standard Deviation) = 0

In the Wikipedia link, there is a list of sigmas and their corresponding risk of ruin value.