Foxwoods vs. Mohegan: Foxwoods

After two dissapointing trips to Mohegan Sun, I decided to hit up Foxwoods last night with some friends. One of them can count fairly well and the others were just along for the ride (first timers).

The penetration was fantastic on the $10 tables in Great Cedars and Rainmaker. While the counts never got much higher than TC +2, it was a good time wonging out on bad counts and flat betting on TC +1. Much, MUCH better than the $5 tables or even the $15 tables at Mohegan Sun.

Swung up and down throughout the night (at best up 15 units, at worst down 10) finished down 2 units, but had some fun plays such as 4 blackjacks in a row, split 3s 3 times against a 5 (ended up losing, still fun), wonged in and out without any trouble from dealers, got lots of free drinks, and had some fun table-mates.

All in all, if you're going to play BJ in Connecticut, I highly recommend Foxwoods over Mohegan, AP or not.

bjcount

Blue Efficacy said:
Actually, for a non-AP wouldn't MS's 6 decks and poor penetration make it ever so slightly better?
B.E.

I agree, the OP is evaluating his experience over the course of 3 visits, but thats ok, MS has enough ploppies running around to crowd the tables. The end results are determined on how you play your game. There's a brief explanation below for those who understand the numbers.

BJC

note: if anyone feels this is too informative to openly post let me know and I'll delete it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bjc

bjcount said:
B.E.

I agree, the OP is evaluating his experience over the course of 3 visits, but thats ok, MS has enough ploppies running around to crowd the tables. The end results are determined on how you play your game. There's a brief explanation below for those who understand the numbers.

BJC

note: if anyone feels this is too informative to openly post let me know and I'll delete it.
Nice.

CP

N&B

IIRC, Foxwoods still has super 7's on 8 decks, one can usually get 6.5/8 pen mid-week. Worth scouting.