Fred Renzey's True Count Conversion

I never really tried counting cards because of the fact that I had to convert to a true count. I read Renzey's BJBBII several years ago and am only now taking a deep breath and trying my hand at counting cards.

Wilst attempting to learn the true count conversion chart I found that it was easier to multipy the index number in certain spots and compare to the running count than it was to multiply the running count and compare to the index.

Here is how I adjusted the chart (DECKS =)

8 = INDEX * 4
7 = * .3 (if you don't see "INDEX" then RUNNING COUNT is multiplied)
6 = INDEX * 3
5 = * .4
4 = * .5
3.5 = * .6
3 = INDEX * 1.5
2.5 = * .8
2 = * 1
1.5 = INDEX * .75
1.33 = * 1.5
1 = * 2
2/3 = * 3
1/2 = * 4
1/3 = * 6

It is easy to remember which ones you multiply the index:
8 & 6 decks are the most common shoe games, 3 is half of 6, and 1.5 is half of three.
Multiplying by .75 is not as hard as it looks: Running count 19:
9 * 7 is 63, 6+7 is 13, grab the 3 from 63, and you have 133.
Half of 19 is 9.5, 133 + 9.5 is 142.5 for a true count of 14.25.

You may roll your eyes, I am not mathematically gifted =)

Aside from multiplying by 1.5 and .75, it is pretty smooth sailing.

I am also trying to keep track of how many cards are dealt for an exact number of decks left.

Hope this helps!

yesiamred

CountOnMe said:
I never really tried counting cards because of the fact that I had to convert to a true count. I read Renzey's BJBBII several years ago and am only now taking a deep breath and trying my hand at counting cards.

Wilst attempting to learn the true count conversion chart I found that it was easier to multipy the index number in certain spots and compare to the running count than it was to multiply the running count and compare to the index.

Here is how I adjusted the chart (DECKS =)

8 = INDEX * 4
7 = * .3 (if you don't see "INDEX" then RUNNING COUNT is multiplied)
6 = INDEX * 3
5 = * .4
4 = * .5
3.5 = * .6
3 = INDEX * 1.5
2.5 = * .8
2 = * 1
1.5 = INDEX * .75
1.33 = * 1.5
1 = * 2
2/3 = * 3
1/2 = * 4
1/3 = * 6

It is easy to remember which ones you multiply the index:
8 & 6 decks are the most common shoe games, 3 is half of 6, and 1.5 is half of three.
Multiplying by .75 is not as hard as it looks: Running count 19:
9 * 7 is 63, 6+7 is 13, grab the 3 from 63, and you have 133.
Half of 19 is 9.5, 133 + 9.5 is 142.5 for a true count of 14.25.

You may roll your eyes, I am not mathematically gifted =)

Aside from multiplying by 1.5 and .75, it is pretty smooth sailing.

I am also trying to keep track of how many cards are dealt for an exact number of decks left.

Hope this helps!
Hello,
This looks very similar to my conversions. As far as double counting each individual card; some say it's crazy, not worth the extra brain power and is an overkill to do so, but me; I am getting very proficient at double counting and deck estimation both. I suggest learning both perfecly.

Fact...practice, practice and more practice. Do rush things but learn and study index numbers daily. Good luck to you

I am also learning Spanish 21 by Katarina and using
AutomaticMonkey's "Secret Monkey Count" with Kat's index numbers adjusted upwards +4.

Hopefully he meant that negative numbers are also adjusted upwards :laugh:

The SM Count is: 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -1 -2

It has a bet of ~97% (he didn't mention play)

Hopefully my fav. monkey will post or offer to mail me (I'd pay) everything he has learned
about SP21 sinse 2008 :eek: