fw/ms regs?

fold

I just started playing a couple months ago and looking for some guidance. I am reading, practicing and playing as much as I can. I was wondering if there are any more experienced players that would be willing to make a couple trips with me to point out any leaks, give advice, mentor, etc. Send me a pm if you are interested. Thank you

-fold

I'm in the same boat as you, ben olaying about 4 months now, but if you're looking for a couple other people to sit a table with at Foxwoods or Mohegan the more people who know what they're doing the better.

fold

yeah I played poker since I was a little kid and after a few sessions of blackjack realized I could make a lot more money in a much shorter time span. I am going for the afternoon on Saturday. I am out of town next week but maybe the week after I will see you there on a Tuesday

Afternoon on Saturday works, and hopefully by the time your back we'll both be able to send private messages. Last couple of weeks I've been playing at fw but they just switched over to all h17 while ms still has s17 low lim tables.

winnawinna

fold said:
I just started playing a couple months ago and looking for some guidance. I am reading, practicing and playing as much as I can. I was wondering if there are any more experienced players that would be willing to make a couple trips with me to point out any leaks, give advice, mentor, etc. Send me a pm if you are interested. Thank you

-fold
I go to MS usually every week. Id be happy to meet up with u. I mostly go during the week.

I probably stopped playing about a year ago. I really only messed around here and there, didn't really get into it. I prefer to play live.

Scooter sorry I was playing down in Biloxi Mississippi last week. I am thinking of making a run Tuesday day-afternoon. You and/or winnawinna around?

fold said:

-fold
I too would like to find some players to sit at a table with at Foxwoods or Mohegan for a couple hours to check to make sure I’m not making counting errors. I practice regularly and am very careful and have won significant money in the past. BUT, I have been on a significant downturn over the last several hundred hours of play (had one of the worst trips EVER this past weekend!) and it worries me that I may be making counting errors, and there is really no other way that I can see to check this - you can’t stop the game mid-shoe and ask to check the count!! Any help much appreciated…

Thanks, dobb

paymypush

dobb said:
I too would like to find some players to sit at a table with at Foxwoods or Mohegan for a couple hours to check to make sure I’m not making counting errors. I practice regularly and am very careful and have won significant money in the past. BUT, I have been on a significant downturn over the last several hundred hours of play (had one of the worst trips EVER this past weekend!) and it worries me that I may be making counting errors, and there is really no other way that I can see to check this - you can’t stop the game mid-shoe and ask to check the count!! Any help much appreciated…

Thanks, dobb
You can't really discuss it at the table without giving yourselves away, so there will be no immediate feedback. It's probably best to practice at home and avoid any undue scrutiny.

With or without errors in counting, downturns are going to occur especially at a place like Mohegan Sun with their notoriously poor penetration. Six deck games with decent rules may seem appealing, but you just don't see enough cards on this one. If you're playing the 8 deck games at Foxwoods, stop and walk or drive over to MGM. Unlike FW they are S17- for now. Good penetration makes this a beatable game.

Keeping the correct count is important but there's more to it. Think bankroll, betting spread, index play and wonging to name a few.

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. I should have made my “checking the count” idea clearer however: I was thinking some kind of simple, subtle, unnoticeable signaling system of some sort could be worked out so, e.g. one counter could bet the proper amount and the other counter could signal in some way that he agrees or disagrees w/ where the count is. I don’t know - that’s my idea – maybe it would be too risky and/or too complicated. Maybe would be best as you suggest to just practice at home (which I do!). Also, I do consider the other factors – I maintain a proper bankroll, use indexing and try to do a 1-10 spread and do wonging (could probably do that more however) - what other elements were you thinking of as far as “more to it”? But, banging my head against the 6 deck poor pen games has probably taken its toll, although I see a lot of Mohegan games where it looks to be 66-75% pen and with S17 and surrender that should be an ok game(?). Anyway, if anyone else wants to give their advice, I appreciate it or if anyone still would like to get together somehow to give me pointers that would be much appreciated too.

Gamblor

dobb said:
although I see a lot of Mohegan games where it looks to be 66-75% pen and with S17 and surrender that should be an ok game(?)..
Although 66% is pretty hideous, I personally would not find 66% S17 LS too terrible, especially the way I bet. 75% S17 LS is not too shabby at all. That is a big difference.

Last edited:
I've only found ~75% pen at MS once or twice in all my visits there. Not really worth playing without aggressive wonging or if you basically want to earn points for gas. I'd rather play H17 with consistent 75-85% pen at FW.

FYI, MGM is still S17 as of today. Maybe some wiseguy AP has put a hold on their shipment of new felts.