Harrahs offering one day passes for all their buffets.

shadroch

For $30, one can buy a pass that allows unlimited entrance to any of Harrahs seven buffets.
As their dinner buffet alone is $29.99, this represents a pretty good deal- if you can stomach Harrahs.
As an example- you can breakfast at The flamingo, lunch at Rio and eatdinner at Harrahs, or any combination you can think of.

bj bob

shadroch said:
For $30, one can buy a pass that allows unlimited entrance to any of Harrahs seven buffets.
As their dinner buffet alone is $29.99, this represents a pretty good deal- if you can stomach Harrahs.
As an example- you can breakfast at The flamingo, lunch at Rio and eatdinner at Harrahs, or any combination you can think of.
Yeah Shad, That's a pretty cool promo. The ElDorado Reno came up with that about a month ago for $20 weekdays. I wonder if it was monkey see, monkey do. Either way it's a good deal, especially if the food's good.

FLASH1296

The limited hours of the buffets make it quite difficult to get in more than two meals daily.

• The buffet at the RIO is excellent.
  • The one at Planet H. is nearly as fine.
  • Harrahs has a fine buffet as well.
The other Harrahs stores serve the stuff of which prison riots are made.

aslan

bj bob said:
Yeah Shad, That's a pretty cool promo. The ElDorado Reno came up with that about a month ago for $20 weekdays. I wonder if it was monkey see, monkey do. Either way it's a good deal, especially if the food's good.
The RIO had this same deal when I was there in early March, although I didn't realize it extended beyond the RIO to all Harrah's at the time, and in fact, maybe it was just the RIO, but anyway, maybe ElDorado was the monkey, not Harrah's. :confused:

aslan

FLASH1296 said:
The limited hours of the buffets make it quite difficult to get in more than two meals daily.

• The buffet at the RIO is excellent.
  • The one at Planet H. is nearly as fine.
  • Harrahs has a fine buffet as well.
The other Harrahs stores serve the stuff of which prison riots are made.
The Aladdin (Planet Hollywood) is maybe the best breakfast buffets in Vegas.

Last edited:

bj bob

aslan said:
The RIO had this same deal when I was there in early March, although I didn't realize it extended beyond the RIO to all Harrah's at the time, and in fact, maybe it was just the RIO, but anyway, maybe ElDorado was the monkey, not Harrah's. :confused:
Whoever started it doesn't really matter that much since if it's a good marketing tool, which I think it is, it will be copied by everyone else with a brain in their skull (if that's not asking too much) since it compels most players to stay close to their house during feeding time, thus more chips on one's own felt.

shadroch

I believe Excaliber started it in Vegas, if I recall correctly, but this is the first time it's been extended companywide as far as I know.
In my opinion, The Rio and Harrahs have superior buffets, with Paris a tad behind( but only if you like French food). Have not tried PHs but have heard good things. I'd only eat the IP buffet if they offered me a dozen " Your first card is an Ace" coupons. It's toxic.

aslan

shadroch said:
I believe Excaliber started it in Vegas, if I recall correctly, but this is the first time it's been extended companywide as far as I know.
In my opinion, The Rio and Harrahs have superior buffets, with Paris a tad behind( but only if you like French food). Have not tried PHs but have heard good things. I'd only eat the IP buffet if they offered me a dozen " Your first card is an Ace" coupons. It's toxic.
I ate at the IP buffet over 15 years ago. I'll never forget it. Some Serbian national stood up at his table and started railing about #*(#Y@*@*V Croatians. I haven't been back since.

rukus

21forme said:
IMO, the Planet Hollywood is the best of the Harrahs buffets, however, I can't imagine eating more than one buffet in a day.
+1 on that. as for general buffets, everyone says bellagio, but i think MBay is tops.

Rio Half-Price World Buffet

Flash is right, the Rio Buffet is excellent.

The Carnival World Buffet, both lunch and dinner, at the Rio is half price for locals, but any Nevada driver's license will suffice. If you're a crab leg freak, this is a great deal for one of the better buffets in town. This is more or less a permanent policy there.

Cobbson

chichow

The price points are different, but I think the Wynn and Bellagio breakfast buffet is better than Planet Ho.

And I have eaten the buffets in the past 2 months.

shadroch

I wasn't impressed by The Wynns buffet, and they are evidently breaking a local law in that they refuse to give line passes to people with handicap passes. My friend, a Las Vegas resident, has a heart condition that precludes him standing for long periods of time. Every other buffet I have been to with him, gives a line pass. Wynn refuses. He consulted a lawyer and was referred to a class action suit against Wynn for failure to comply with the law.

In my opinion, The Rio buffet is still very god but is several notches below what it used to be.

cc218

how long do they usually run this kind of thing for? or is a thing where they run it every once in a while.... i'll be at PH in july and if i could pay 30 bucks and be able to put 3 meals at various places into that, that would be friggin sweet... and cheap

aslan

cc218 said:
how long do they usually run this kind of thing for? or is a thing where they run it every once in a while.... i'll be at PH in july and if i could pay 30 bucks and be able to put 3 meals at various places into that, that would be friggin sweet... and cheap
I used to stay at PH and I could usually get a free buffet coupon for myself and wife from the host. PH's buffet has always been first class, I don't know how the changes in ownership have affected it.

shadroch

I recieved an even better offer today. Two Buffet of Buffet( thats what they call this promo) coupons and a room at the IP for $45. Room must be booked by May 31st but can be used thru Labor Day.

JulieCA

shadroch said:
I recieved an even better offer today. Two Buffet of Buffet( thats what they call this promo) coupons and a room at the IP for $45. Room must be booked by May 31st but can be used thru Labor Day.
Yes, but who would want to stay at IP? Last time I was there in January, it was still a dump.

shadroch

JulieCA said:
Yes, but who would want to stay at IP? Last time I was there in January, it was still a dump.
So don't stay there. Book it, show up for your buffet pass and stay wherever you want. It is a dump, and the buffet sucks. The package deal is outstanding , though.