Has a dealer ever made you want to scream?

aslan

tensplitter said:
In Vegas one time playing heads up, +6 count, I got a pair of tens and the dealer had 6. He assumed I would stay and flipped his hole card as I was getting chips to split my tens. The hole card was 10. Had to call over the pit boss and then I split my tens and got a 5 on one and a 10 on the other. If I didn't split or say anything, the dealer would have had 21.
In another case, the dealer might get 21 BECAUSE you split your tens. It's really the issue of heat that is most important in splitting tens. If I had two tens and I knew the next card was an ace, it would be beneficial for me to hit my twenty, but stupid just the same because of the heat generated.

BookerPA

Normally a dealer's actions don't bother me; that is until last night. Dealer gets the MAD (Most Annoying Dealer) Award. He'd cheer for himself when he beat the board or pull a BJ, "Yesssssssss" or "Gotcha" and smirk or chuckle when you broke. Over the course of three hours, I was down $600, and then finally I was in a good "position" and spread and won $1,500 on a big triple split hand. I was coloring up and getting ready to leave and one of the other players suggested that I should tip him well. I put a pack of matches out and the rest of the table gave me a puzzled look. "For the way this guy behaved, that's a starter kit for him to set himself on fire."

aslan

BookerPA said:
Normally a dealer's actions don't bother me; that is until last night. Dealer gets the MAD (Most Annoying Dealer) Award. He'd cheer for himself when he beat the board or pull a BJ, "Yesssssssss" or "Gotcha" and smirk or chuckle when you broke. Over the course of three hours, I was down $600, and then finally I was in a good "position" and spread and won $1,500 on a big triple split hand. I was coloring up and getting ready to leave and one of the other players suggested that I should tip him well. I put a pack of matches out and the rest of the table gave me a puzzled look. "For the way this guy behaved, that's a starter kit for him to set himself on fire."
You could've at least lit it for him! :devil:

Mewtwo

BookerPA said:
Wow. I've never run into a single BJ dealer that was happy to beat the table. If it weren't for you possibly identifying yourself, I'd suggest a name and shame on this person - though since the PA in your name suggests you're local to the jaunts I go to, a PM naming them might be nice so that I know never to tip this jackass.

flyingwind

Dealers who are happy to win

Now that you've pointed this out, I also hate dealers who seem all to happy to beat the table. A dealer that used to do this also used to keep scolding the table about gambling. "That's why I don't gamble. You shouldn't be gambling either." And then he'd take our money. What a jerk.

BookerPA said:
There can also be too much done in the other direction, I had a dealer a while ago, who, when she busted her hand and paid the table, would have the table say, "Julie* ROCKS!" I didn't mind it much the first couple of times, but it gets really old after about 3 repetitions. Not the dealer busting part, but the chorus, that is.

*Not her real name.

aslan

tenzip said:
There can also be too much done in the other direction, I had a dealer a while ago, who, when she busted her hand and paid the table, would have the table say, "Julie* ROCKS!" I didn't mind it much the first couple of times, but it gets really old after about 3 repetitions. Not the dealer busting part, but the chorus, that is.

*Not her real name.
I had a dealer last week who loudly announced, "Dealer busts!" every time he busted. This came about because of the infrequency of his busting. Yes, it does get old. [dealer]:whip: