Has anyone here ever attended a blackjack training seminar?

aslan

BJLFS said:
Just wondering how it went and if you had any inprovement to your game.
Does that include guest "appearances" in our own forum chat room? If so, the answer is, "It went well, and it did help my game." And even more so, I have received a great deal of help from the many experts on the forum itself, which could be considered an ongoing seminar with many and changing break-out rooms. After this experience, I doubt I would ever pay for a seminar offered elsewhere. I don't mean to say that I now know everything, but it seems to me, if you can't find it here, you're probably not going to find it in a seminar either.

aslan said:
Does that include guest "appearances" in our own forum chatbeing room? If so, the answer is, "It went well, and it did help my game." And even more so, I have received a great deal of help from the many experts on the forum itself, which could be considered an ongoing seminar with many and changing break-out rooms. After this experience, I doubt I would ever pay for a seminar offered elsewhere. I don't mean to say that I now know everything, but it seems to me, if you can't find it here, you're probably not going to find it in a seminar either.

This joker.... he DOES know everything...

Don't be modest Aslan...

Aslan with all 4,700 posts. The Guy always has an answer for every legitimate thread.
IF the question is worth answering he always gives a useful answer, he had to put the "I don't mean to say that I now know everything" part. But he does...

aslan

distractTHEdealer said:
Aslan with all 4,700 posts. The Guy always has an answer for every legitimate thread.
IF the question is worth answering he always gives a useful answer, he had to put the "I don't mean to say that I now know everything" part. But he does...
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :laugh:

Koz1984

For the price they charge, HELL NO! Some of their costs could be the starting BR of a red chipper. Even more ridiculous is that their 'expert' advice could easily be found on forums here, or from DVD tutorials. I watched both of Semyon Dukach's DVDs by finding the torrents from a free torrent site (non-commercial copyright violations never hurt anybody). They were very interesting and definitely beat the fees associated with his personal courses. Andy Bloch's Expert Insight course was a great watch, primarily because of the Hollywood factor!

Jack_Black

I agree with koz. I first started with the MIT blackjack institute kit from mike aponte and it was pathetic. Ive learned more just from reading this site's forum daily than I ever did from that kit. also, just play a lot and meet people who will show you the ropes.

this goes for everything in life.

aslan

Koz1984 said:
For the price they charge, HELL NO! Some of their costs could be the starting BR of a red chipper. Even more ridiculous is that their 'expert' advice could easily be found on forums here, or from DVD tutorials. I watched both of Semyon Dukach's DVDs by finding the torrents from a free torrent site (non-commercial copyright violations never hurt anybody). They were very interesting and definitely beat the fees associated with his personal courses. Andy Bloch's Expert Insight course was a great watch, primarily because of the Hollywood factor!
Who said it could be easily found here? Much can be found here, and it might take a lot of sifting through mis and dis information. Personally knowing an expert, say Grosjean, would be all the more valuable. But I don't place much faith in seminars, although there may be the exception that proves the rule.

MAZ

Koz1984 said:
Don't know if a seminar is the answer but I DO know this, you will not go far learning from Semyon's DVD's, and you WILL NOT find everything there is to know about AP in a public forum. There is much that needs to be better left unsaid.